In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I love that you are still trying to convince yourself that I said that people who like rips shouldn't. I was speaking about accessibility to content and product viability.
You do a bad job at understanding, and explaining, obviously.
http://www.byond.com/members/ Murowko?command=view_post&post=1207699&first_unread=1

Save that shit.
Ter13 wrote:
...Wow...

Obviously I'm not penetrating this veil of willful delusion. Have fun declaring yourself king of an argument that never happened.

The points you brought up stood against mine, I don't have degrees like you but I know what an argument is, regardless if it's aggressive or friendly, it's still known as an argument. T_T?

I agree though, time will tell when I finish my project on everything that was said in this post, and when these projects people are hyped about finish there's.
In response to Murowko
Murowko wrote:
Southend_boi wrote:
Murowko wrote:
Southend_boi wrote:
Murowko wrote:
LMAO he snapped, for no reason, and fell completely off topic.

I made a video on it.

Anybody who thinks there opinion that matters more than anyone else's will do whatever they can to win a argument no matter how much sense the right person makes. I guess disliking a group of people for liking rips is the right way. *shrug* Game supremacist.

i don't dislike people who like rips i dislike people who create, allow them to exist and all of the above... personally i don't believe a rip should be hosted if the original game is still being hosted. I also don't think people who make a profit off of these rips should be allowed to be on byond, make games or even host games as it ruins byond.

Reason why i say this is... http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w249/Southend53/ Untitled_zpsb829da32.png <--- stuff like this should not be accepted at all...

Yeah I know about Naruto Exodus, a prime example, the same guy that hacked Masterdan owns it, and gave himself permission to be the only GOA rip to exist on the hub, but people don't know what goes on behind closed doors. People are clueless and say whatever, this community has a-lot of secrets. But it doesn't ruin BYOND to profit from them but it's wrong, very wrong and I don't like it neither.

how doesn't stuff like this ruin byond ? any developer that makes a byond game will have to be worried about this happening to them... the fact that byond admins or Tom would allow this ruins byond.

I feel like it's the developers fault if there source leaks, be extra careful or prepare for the worst, end of it. It's common BYOND knowledge now to trust your surroundings before you do anything you might regret, too many games have failed to release because leaked sources, I get it, so others should as-well if they're taking developing seriously.

There's nothing no one can really do to stop that game for good, for profiting off of others unless caught in the act, but you're not gonna see lawyers and people that has something to do with the law on Naruto rips. Even if it's removed from the hub they can use youtube for an audience, so be extra careful, or prepare for the worst as said before.

so its developers fault how ? for choosing byond...that's what i read.
What he's saying is that it's the developers fault for leaking their own sources, not for choosing BYOND.
In response to Murowko
Murowko wrote:
But it doesn't ruin BYOND to profit from them

Yes, actually it does. Fangames making a profit, unless given explicit permission from the owner of that IP, is illegal. A perfect example of how it can ruin BYOND is exactly the point you are arguing - how the "freedoms", or rather the FUNimation games, were taken off of the main site. This happened because FUNimation ordered a Cease & Desist, which Tom had to obey or legal action that he couldn't afford would follow. No one can deny that the amount of users on the site dropped tremendously after that, although some would argue that it was for the best that they left. I personally don't feel that way. I also do not disagree with games being hidden at the discretion of the listing moderators.

Understand the legality and repercussions of fangames (that make a profit) and you will finally see how they ruin BYOND.
Albro, he's not talking about BYOND profiting from fangames that profit. He's talking about profiting from fangames themselves. For example, their playerbase. It's really easy to bring the playerbase of fangames to like another game. Look at Decadence by SuperAntx for example. How many fangame players do you think played it? I guarantee you it was more than 80% of that game's playerbase until the day servers weren't really hosted anymore. I know because I myself was one of them. Once a game is making profit, I agree with you on shutting it down. But if it isn't making any profit(aside from the FUNimation ones, at this point), they shouldn't have been put behind everything else. Yeah, it's one thing to want to showcase original games, but there's literally close to none that you're showcasing to.
On-topic: I like the base. You've come a long way as an artist. I remember you weren't anywhere near as good as you are now. Good job!
In response to MDC
Well if there were good fangames I wouldn't mind them being listed. Frankly I'm tired of seeing the same game over and over again, just renamed to some other stupid name. Variety in games is good but listing all of those games would only add about 2 games to the variety we have now.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Well if there were good fangames I wouldn't mind them being listed. Frankly I'm tired of seeing the same game over and over again, just renamed to some other stupid name. Variety in games is good but listing all of those games would only add about 2 games to the variety we have now.

At this point it wouldn't matter is the point. Listed or not, original games(even the ones literally no one plays) get listed in front of them anyways. That's why I'm doing all of my advertizing outside of BYOND, because then I'd attract from both sides.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:

Not to mention the fact that BYOND's reputation around the web is: "you mean that spergy web hub where the same DBZ garbage is listed a thousand times?"

The rips are mostly still using techniques and systems that were (poorly) designed for what BYOND was pre-3.5, and don't at all demonstrate what it can actually do now.

It is a poor showing of the engine's power and flexibility as it stands.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:

NARUTO CHAOS OF THE ULTIMATE SHARINGAN BANKAI
*confused about albro and south*
Here, have some more confusion.
In response to Skyiden
Skyiden wrote:
Here, have some more confusion.

I was thinking the same thing lol, but I didn't feel like saying 'Wait until you see Skyiden's"
In response to Scyrus123
What exactly are you confused about? The less confusion on this subject, the better.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
What exactly are you confused about? The less confusion on this subject, the better.

I was not paying attention at everyone's name and pics at all, it's how they make sense on what they write.

So, I thought I had a dejavu, saw skyiden(or maybe albro)'s pic and I thought I saw this(name's different)guy somewhere on the forums already...ah nevermind...

guys your pics just looks almost the same xD
In response to Scyrus123
They are the same. Lol
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
They are the same. Lol

he's got eye bugs xD
*throws away old base* decided to make a new one now that im sort of back on the net again.
 photo basewip_zps3d7e0861.png
I actually really like this base. I like the idea of something different than the basic stance.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8