ID:1144193

photo New2013base_zpsa0a56f32.png

might need to remove some detail this is suppose to be a simple base with simple basic animation.
Looks awesome!
In my opinion. The arms seem kinda long just from looking at it. It also seems like you were trying to show the nose or something somehow in the frames with him facing forward. I don't really have a problem with it but it just makes his face look weird.

Now on the pants.. It looks a bit to big for him. The pants seems to go out past his body or w/e. I like the look you are going for though. Looks nice though i'd like so see some more updates :)
teensy tiny edits made. The highlight on his head while looking forward was a bit too straight in my opinion. Edited the space between his legs and changed the amount of black when he's sideways. Just check the picture; it explains more than my words.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
@ Panodra- i like ur edit

@ Boi- i think the base looks good except for 1 minor problem which is the muscle on the bottom part of the leg, u tried to show that muscle but it ruined the whole base.

edit: for the side way base while wearing the pants, i feel like he is bending as if he was Michael Jackson. :)
In response to Sers000
Sers000 wrote:
@ Panodra- i like ur edit

@ Boi- i think the base looks good except for 1 minor problem which is the muscle on the bottom part of the leg, u tried to show that muscle but it ruined the whole base.

edit: for the side way base while wearing the pants, i feel like he is bending as if he was Michael Jackson. :)

i noticed that about the leg o_O fixed it in the edit i made also made a smaller version of the base...

The base seems like its leaning because the head is oversized or maybe the head needs to be pushed back a pixel since i was going for the oversized head, hands and feet look.
 photo basefullrotation_zpsc67cd7d9.gif

Working on the base 360 view... this ain't the bigger base it's the smaller version of larger one.
 photo Image1-2_zps1eed9c47.gif

working on walk o_O east and west states pretty much done ;)

edit is 8frames a bit much for a byond game lol
Maybe, but it looks amazing, so I wouldn't mind. Who are you making this for by the way?
His head looks awkward in this animation, how would it look if his head goes one pixel to the right?

Also; the walking in itself is good, would look better if you made the chest area slowly move aswell; you can do this by making it look like his chest and shoulders are going from right to left... (I suck at explaining; this link should be more helpful. http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/19802.htm )
In response to D-Cire
D-Cire wrote:
Maybe, but it looks amazing, so I wouldn't mind. Who are you making this for by the way?

for me... i've decided to make a mecha fighting game.

the base is for getting around the map so i don't really need to do much with the animation after running i'll probably only need to make hoverboard states.
Oh, I see. If you ever need help with any form of programming for it i'd be happy to lend a hand if it's within my capabilities.
@PandoarsSecret - looks alot better gives can really make out the shoulders now.

attempted to make his chest slowly move but failed lol dont think 1pixel really shows it with out completely caving in the chest. i'll try some other things post the results in a bit.

@D-Cire - will do my goodman.

photo Image1-2_zps7b2ff164.png

should probably post this in my mugshot topic o_O but eh... something i tweaked to match the base.
 photo Image1-2_zps31878c33.png

east face almost done... lol i forgot to turn the thing around.
 photo persp_zps0a0a329b.png

decided to make it smaller jajajaajaja

still making the big base i just like smaller ones.
Big basses are lame and get old unlike smaller ones, you think everyone looks alike when it comes to big basses, that's the sh I don't like.

Kai acting like he cant hook a developer up with a freebie to get me motivated. Q_Q

People change on you mayne.
In response to Murowko
Big bases can be good if they're done right i couldn't get my base to feel and look the way i wanted so i decided to make a smaller one where i can do things like weight, age and other things ;)

giving out freebies would mean i have to give everyone freebies O_O that means i've made no progress.

Nothing changed but the quality and standards of art...
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
Big bases can be good if they're done right

Look at Spirit Age's HUB 64x64 icon, nuffsaid.
In response to Murowko
You can't really compare Spirit Age to this ... they have no facial features...

http://www.byond.com/games/ChrisGayle/SpiritAge
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8