ID:114666

Keywords: in, progress, shooter, work
Hello, I've been working on a small PvP shooter in my spare time(When I'm not working on my other games).

A little progress has been made on the game, but I'm still pondering how gameplay will work. I want to create a shooter that anyone can just jump into and start playing despite their PC shooting game experience, but also want to keep players to keep coming back.

At the moment I have:

Portals - The blue and black circle
Movable objects - That square with "BOX" in it
Equipment - Including: Weapon firing, Clothes, and items appearing on the player

So far I have an idea that players can either be on Red, Green, Orange, or Blue. Then every team has a supply deposit somewhere on the map, which is where they respawn, purchase items, etc. The players then venture out into the map and get supplies, but can also kill other players making them drop their supplies.

Also, players can go into other teams bases and steal from their deposit. The game will either be settled by a time limit, or who ever reaches a certain amount first.

The game will most likely be multi-player only, but maybe after ironing out bugs and getting a stable release out I'll add in bots for single-player, but this isn't for certain yet.

All of this is only paper-and-pen for now, but hopefully I can pop something out in a few weeks.
Will the maps be procedurally generated? That's one reason I like the Scream of the Stickster games. I often find that those who memorize maps defeat new players to the point where it's not worth trying.
Yut Put wrote:
omg

i just had the craziest idea

wouldnt a PvP super metroid online be amazing

no
ACWraith wrote:
Will the maps be procedurally generated? That's one reason I like the Scream of the Stickster games. I often find that those who memorize maps defeat new players to the point where it's not worth trying.

I haven't actually thought of how maps would work yet, but that would be a great way to handle them.
"The game will most likely be multi-player only"

I can't particularly say I endorse this idea.
SuperAntx wrote:
"The game will most likely be multi-player only"

I can't particularly say I endorse this idea.

Nothing is set in stone yet.
call it "Bullet Men" :-p the guy looks like a human/bullet
Redmoon30 wrote:
call it "Bullet Men" :-p the guy looks like a human/bullet

Lol I like it