ID:114791

So, I've finally gotten around to fixing up some of that ugly pathfinding stuff, what with the units randomly wandering out of their range and going nuts when they try to occupy a full space. I've also made the AI slightly less retarded, but only slightly.

The pathfinding now works, hopefully, as it will for the remainder of the project. It only allows movement over a blue tile and doesn't allow diagonal movement, meaning the units will move along the proper path.

The AI currently attacks the closest unit, as opposed to the farthest, which was a stupid error on my part, and attacks healers first, which isn't really all that important yet, as I haven't got any healers on the first tutorial map.

The tutorial itself now has 3 lines of story, however horrible they are, and I've got my event and dialog system working wonderfully. I'm not a writer, so the dialog isn't particularly amazing, but that will be fixed with time.

Next week I'd like to have a second map with the introduction and explanation of a new unit type/classes in general, as well as some more AI refinement. I sort of have a story laid out, but it's pretty cheesy and I'm doing the dialog as I go, so it's probably even cheesier than the story as a whole.

Anyway, that's all for this update. As always, any criticism/input is welcomed and appreciated.

P.S. Paco is watching you...