ID:114954

BYOND Version:486
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 13.0.782.32
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When using dynamic icons they sometimes become invisible to the player. Invisibility can be fixed on a relog. I know this is client-side because if I have two keys logged in, one can see some icons, while the other cannot.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
// Here's an example of how I'm creating the dynamic icons.  Hope it helps. :)
group
var
prim_col = "#000000" // The groups primary colour
sec_col ="#000000" // The groups secondary colour
flag_design = "2" // The icon state of their flag design
proc
Group_Icon(prim_icon, sec_icon)
var/icon/prim = icon(prim_icon)
var/icon/sec = icon(sec_icon)

prim.Blend(prim_col, ICON_ADD)
sec.Blend(sec_col, ICON_ADD)

prim.Blend(sec, ICON_OVERLAY)
return prim

Expected Results:
Icons to not randomly go invisible
Actual Results:
Dynamic icons randomly disappear

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Randomly. Random objects go invisible that use the dynamic icons. Even those using the same icon, one may go invisible while the other stays visible.
In other games?
Untested
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
It's random. I can see it on one key, but not the other.
I'll need some kind of test to reproduce this.

Just FYI you're doing the double posting thing again. Something about either Chrome or the way you're using it causes problems wirh your bug reports. Considering this only happens with you I suspect you have some kind of misbehaving extension.
If it was just one extra post, my guess would be the preview button. On the last one I posted I previewed it multiple times, on this one I previewed it once. If you want I could test with another bug report for the purpose of testing that.

I'll have a demo for you sometime next week. I'm busy all weekend.
yeah, same thing happened to me with the double posting, I figured it was because of the preview button. I deleted my second post. I use firefox