ID:115357

Let me start out by saying that I'm a huge Marvel fan. I enjoy playing all sorts of console games that are associated with Marvel and that are similar to them. With so many RPG-Marvel games out, like X-men, Spiderman, Ultimate Alliances, Fantastic Four, etc. It's hard to believe that there aren't that many(if any) live Marvel games here on BYOND. Thus the reason behind this Marvel Life project; to create a live Marvel game, here on BYOND!

This game that I'm working on will focus on character creation: customizing player character to fit their "dream" super-hero or super-villain! I've seen a few Marvel-like games here on BYOND that did a lot of that but yet not enough. There is going to be a lot of little-tiny-bitty detail in everything, from simple objects like rocks, to powers/abilities. The goal of it all is to make players feel like they are in control of every single aspect of their character;

-Being able to control their abilities/powers to their maximum capability. I want players to be able to start natural disasters like forcing a meteor shower upon the city. Maybe not with just a click of a simple verb, but with the help of other players to build certain technological machines that will enhance the powers. This way every resource and every power/skill is utilized. We believe in having even the passive abilities inconed and mapped.
-No one hit kills. I don't want players to obtain a vast amount of powers/abilities/skills(whatever you want to call them) and only use one to single handed kill an enemy. Certain skills will do damage, but not to the extant where it can kill someone in one click. We want players to be able to use powers as much as they like, build combos with other players, use every single power, and eventually obtain a skill or a mastery of their character. That way a good player is not determined by the number of hours they play or put into the game(although that does help) but how well constructed the character really is.
-Building a name in this game will not be defined by how well you know the owner/game masters but by how well you play and how well you utilize every resource in-game. Growing powerful in game should be possible, maybe not over night, or over week, but mainly based on how much progress you make. Ranks are created by players, they make others see the importance of it.
-Having limits is over rated. We don't want to have players reach the limit of the game, by however one might do this, like maxing out all their stats and having millions in the bank and then sit in OCC(or whatever other games name it) and no longer participate in game. This game will always have a way for a player to become stronger, to take over the world/humanity, to enslave the living or the dead, control vast of armies and just completely dominate.

Over all, having a fun fan community who share similar interests should encourage players to contribute their suggestions. I have a lot of content I want this game to have, but I'd love to know what other players want this game to have. I encourage you to drop me a line, whether it's one word or a billion, I'll read it and have my feedback as soon as possible. I believe working with players is how online gaming should be, so please don't hesitate to contact me to talk about any aspect of this game. If you think it, then it's worth talking about it :)
Someone played too much DCUO
Hahaha

I did play DC Universe Online lol ^_^
The game is pretty epic, I've just stopped few months ago.

It's hard to see where you got all that from DC Universe Online lol, not much customization done in-game.

Besides, this is BYOND :D
There was a guy who was working on a similar game, Mel.
Yup, long-long time ago :(
I played his game, it was awesome at first and then I don't know what happened to it. I think he gave up on it and never released his source. It'd be nice to peek at it :D
cool
The game is still up and running occasionally I think it is a hosting issue. It is up right now though.

http://www.byond.com/games/Mellow23/XMen
oh wow didn't know it was still up.

Is it still being updated?
As far as I know it is. But who knows with Mel Lol. Last time I chatted with him he was going to remake a Charmed game he had made before. But I only saw it up once or twice and then it was gone.

This seems like it might be interesting though. I has always loved Marvel and would love to see some more Marvel games on BYOND.

There is or was (Not sure if it is still up) a game similar to this idea

http://www.byond.com/games/SevenSinsGaming/UniverseofComics

Although it wasn't very good and was DC based I think. It was pretty basic and some of the people who ran it were pretty immature. But it had potential if given enough time it might have been a great game.

And of course the classic Fat Albert's X-Men Rampages

http://www.byond.com/games/FatAlbert/XMenRampages

Which was never finished but even for what it is now it is an awesome game to play.

So anyway, I support this idea and hope to see it up and running sometime.
Awwww :( that's no fun. I enjoy Mel's game very much. And really would love to see more of it. *fingers crossed* he might be back.

I still, to this day, play Fat Albert's X-men Rampages game. It's so much fun to play single player or with friends.

Thank you so much! I appreciate your support. :)

Hi. I'm the RPM for X-Men. and the game is still up and getting some pretty cool updates, including some new Canon Marvel NPCs that emote and attack. He's even going to be adding NPCs that will randomly attack the city, like Juggernaut might show up and start robbing the bank and if you go to stop him, he'll attack you, but he'll emote before doing it.

And UoC, I am one of the owners. We have severe hosting issues right now, mainly because the Host had an issue with a power surge that fried his computer, but we are hoping he gets hosting back. Because the game was still new.

I do hope to see you on X-Men when it is online.
Oh that's awesome!
Thank you.