ID:115483

Over my time on Byond, I've played tons of games, been there as they grew, and as they finally fell and through it all I've met a plethora of interesting people, both good and bad. People who would argue for truth and justice, and other idiots who pointlessly troll until they're banned from the games. One of the most interesting types of people I met are the power whores, the actual creators, owners, hosts or people working on certain games. They abuse they're power thus killing their own game by acting like utter morons and cause people to view them as complete assholes. An example of this is, I started new on [Unnamed game] and [Unnamed Creator & Host] whom was working on a new patch for the game, and thus wiping the server, was having trouble with trolls. He recently IP banned one from the server and said that no one would ever see them on the server. Now I made the mistake of informing the owner that that's not 100% certain, some trolls are persistent and can bypass IP bans. He then blew up like an immature little child whom didn't get what they wanted for their birthday. He threatened me beyond just banning me from the server, and then he turned into the real troll. He didn't let up for days on end, the insults in main chat and threats. Why he didn't just ban is beyond me because after the wipe, no one came back because of his attitude and the way he treated the players. This was a VERY extreme case, but almost ever owner I've met in a game acts in this matters at least once and the game usually starts dying with it...so this is sort of a warning and just something I wanted to post here. If you have your own game, don't me an ass, sure you have the power...and yes people will pretend to respect you because it's a great game and they don't want to get kicked, but in reality people don't view you as a god like you think they do. If they do, it's not a kind and loving god, it's an evil plague inducing god that people fear.
This post is very true. A lot of good games are ruined by a terrible community atmosphere. This could be where the owner is a troll or whoever is given power by the owner is a troll.

This is especially true on games where it requires time to become equal. There will be people who troll on an alt and end up losing[fighting conversation]. Then they come back on a stronger character, if they lose they start calling up friends and now you are game enemy number one for standing up for yourself.

I wish there was a list of games that have this type of community where either the game owner is a troll or refuses to do anything about that trolling community within their own games.