ID:115612

I'm slowly but surely building up my pc game collection (damn you steam!), so I'm looking into a controller for my pc (one I can easily plug and play, unlike with my ps3 controller). I considered the wired 360 controller but I'm not so sure I wanna pay $30+ for a controller alone. Any suggestions fellow byonders?
Buy the controller on amazon or eBay it will be cheaper.
I like my wireless x360 controller. It's pretty nice.
Saitek Cyborg Rumblepad are pretty good, I have the v.3 one and the only thing I don't like about it is the square analog sticks.
Have a PSP lying around? If you do, you can find homebrew that enables using it like a controller.
Bandock wrote:
Have a PSP lying around? If you do, you can find homebrew that enables using it like a controller.

Nah, no psp unfortunately..
If all you want is something cheap, there are various adapters that will let you use console controllers through a USB connection.

I'd still suggest an Xbox 360 controller though. That's what Steam games with controller support tend to be set up for by default.
I just use one of these with some old Playstation controllers which were hardly ever used anymore. It supports all the buttons including L3/R3, multiple joystick configurations, and even rumble.
Hmmmm, that reminds me...I believe I do have one of those adaptors laying around somewhere with a spare ps2 controller. Something about it though made me not want to use it but I guess I'll have to look into it again before gettin somethin else..
Does that adaptor work with Windows 7? I have a similar adaptor which works great with Win XP but just doesn't get detected on Windows 7.
If you can find the drivers for your model it shouldn't be a problem.