spies

by Suicide Shifter
spies
Take on the responsibilities of an espionage agent and help your organization retrieve vital intelligence.
ID:115633

-- If you can't get in let me know--

I was recently introduced to the XNA framework and I have been won over. My desire for a bigger challenge and something new has led me to continue Spies using C# and the XNA framework.

On that note, I will probably release the source code for spies, and possibly many other BYOND games I have attempted. Maybe spies will be continued here on BYOND, but I doubt that. Anyways, spies will be up until my server is shut down; here are the basics.

----------------------
Left click to interact with things using your left hand.
Right click to interact with things using your right hand.

Goal: Pick up/buy gadgets from your vendor and assassinate enemies. Take their ID, bring it to your main office and say 'kill'.

The Keys:
A attempts to use antidotes, for quick relief.
S will slip into the shadows.
G will try to grab an enemy. You must face their back.
H toggles a help file.

If you want to learn more about game-play, go here, or for a more simple version read on.

To play, follow this link byond://64.120.204.94:1325

--------------
I know there isn't much in the game, but if you know about the systems that exist it can be very fun for a short time, here are some secrets.

- Always have a poison antidote in your pocket, poison snipers are very effective. Use the 'A' macro and it will cure you of all poison. Has 5 uses.

- There are ventilation systems to sneak in/out/through a base.

- There are rooftops to snipe from.

- Stand behind somebody and face their back, press 'G' and you will grab them. You have approx. 2-3 seconds to snap their neck by clicking the new 'grab' button that appears on one of your hand slots, otherwise they can escape by trying to move.

- You can pull/hide dead bodies by facing them and using the pull command. Bump into the body to release.

- Use 'S' and shadows to effectively slip into the shadows. Combine this with tranq. darts for long-range stunning.

- Short range stunning exist in screwdrivers and crowbars. Use to get away or in combination with snapping neck.

- Knifes disorient the target, greatly inhibiting their ability to walk.

- To get credit for a kill, and money, you must take the enemy's ID card. Bring it to your front desk of your agency, and 'say "kill" ' using the say command. You can also put this ID card in your ID slot, and gain access to their base and take on their name.

- Smokebombs are very effective when used correctly. Click a turf to throw the smokebomb when in hand, or click yourself to make the smoke follow you around. You will see through the smoke but enemies will not.

Here is an example of seeing through the smoke:

What a shame! Good luck with the XNA version, I guess.

If you like, though I don't have the time to work on it myself, I think I can interest a few competent developers to continue the 'official' version. Releasing the source code publicly "just like that" might hurt interest in the long run (with too many copies floating about). Would you be interested in handing over the project 'officially' to a few folks? Alternatively, maybe get a few people to set up an open source collaboration.
I think this is a better idea, I do want to see it continued. If you can get these few people wanting to continue the game, I might be willing to hand over the project. I haven't made a final decision yet, but that's probably what I'm going to do.
Great game,nuff said.
Forgot to respond a bit. I'm going to be quite busy for this week but I'll see if I can find some people interested; if I don't respond in two weeks I either failed or forgot about this what with all the being busy.
Nobody wants it. I'M SO SORRY.
Ha does it suck that much?
Nope, it's fairly impressive. It's just people are lazy pricks.
So sad that this game had to end,o'well...There's 1 game i'm unable to look forward to,and there's not much you can look forward to on byond.
How are you doing with this so far? =)
The project is idle for the moment, I got a job programming modules at BMW I'm trying to learn, but as I get myself set up financially the project will definitely be carried out ;)