ID:115648

Resolved
Renaming a file so that only its letter case changed would confuse Dream Maker if the file was in a subpath and not the main directory of the project.
BYOND Version:487
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 14.0.803.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When renaming a file but only changing the case of the letters in the name (eg 'Abc.dm' to 'abc.dm'), DM seems to forget where the file is located. This only happens if the file is not in the same folder as the .dme file.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create a new evironment.
2. Create a file 'code\test.dme'. The project should compile. If you open the .dme file, it should have the following line:
#include "code\test.dm"

3. Right click the file and rename it to 'code\Test.dme'.
4. Now try to compile. I get an error 'Bug.dme:16:error: unable to open "Test.dm".' Notice that the line mentioned in the .dme file before is now:
#include "Test.dm"

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I'm pretty sure versions <= about 480 don't have the problem. I don't know when exactly this started, but a different bug regarding renaming was addressed in v484 - maybe the changes made for that caused this problem?

Workarounds:
Compiling the test project will continue to fail until you restart DM and open it again.