ID:115802

Resolved
Some browsers stupidly put whitespace after inline-block elements even when there is no following text, forcing a CSS workaround.
BYOND Version:486
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 12.0.742.112
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
The footer isn't aligned on all of the pages, at least in Google Chrome as seen here: image
This typo in the html is causing it.

<div class="main_background bottom"</div>

Should be

<div class="main_background_bottom"></div>
I thought you meant a > character was missing, which it isn't. That would have been a simple fix, although it probably also would have stood out.

The class is not a typo. There is no main_background_bottom class defined in the stylesheet. The space means we are using a combination of the main_background and bottom classes.

I'll see what I can do about the rendering error to work around it, although it's clear that Chrome is to blame for screwing this up. When the window is reduced to a similar width in Firefox, the browser doesn't render the page incorrectly.
I've never noticed this problem before, But I see this is marked as resolved and I now see that the footer is misaligned in Firefox.

I'm currently using Firefox 6.0.2. I also checked this in IE8, which displays the footer correctly.

Have you updated the site to correct this issue yet? or is Firefox the browser that stupidly puts in white-space?
Meh. It looks like all browsers are a little bit different on this. My own Firefox version doesn't show the issue. I'll have to install a newer Firefox on my wife's computer to see, since I'm pretty darn sure this one won't stand for it yet.

Can you make a screenshot of the alignment issue? It'd help if it's not zoomed at all so I can see how many pixels it's off and in which direction. I only need the bottom portion of the page though.
Here is a screenshot of this page showing the misaligned feet.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/Trisenti/ FirefoxFooter.jpg

Edit: I maxed out the zoom out feature on Firefox and it looks like the footer jumps over next to the webpage.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/Trisenti/ Footmovement.jpg