Dragon Ball Live 3

by Emasym
Dragon Ball Live 3
Active Combat, Fully Implemented Quest-System, no 1-Click-Training!
ID:1160832

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
K so, I asked a bunch of people after replaying a bit of Buu's Fury and they all seemed to agree. The ki attack system being like the Legacy of Goku series would probably be better IMO and in the opinion of others.

Basically this means: Ki attacks that are charge-based would fire off immediately and you would be able to keep them going while holding the button. This would continuously attack and drain ki as long as you held it, and as soon as you let go, the attack stops.

If this change were to take place: Charge-based ki attacks would need to be nerfed severely, because obviously you couldn't do 200k damage 5 times to someone and it be fair. Maybe 10% of the current maximum possible damage would suffice, but testing would be required to determine damage.

Extras: Another add on could be making Super Saiyan forms give you an extra ki bar like those games, giving the forms a permanent drain, where when they end, you get your normal ki bar again. This was just a side-thought, not really necessary if you don't want it.

This might be a nice addition to V2, but if not oh well.
I feel like suggestions like nr1 would be way better put into a different attack, rather than changing the entire current system.

As for the "extra bar" suggestions, could you elaborate? As in, some sort of temporary ki that ends the Trans when drained? Does using Ki affect it?
Reason I chose now to introduce the suggestion was because it'd be before V2, which is already an overhaul. Also Big Bang and SB and other moves would be about the same, except you'd hold them to charge them up more rather than wait on them. But I understand what you mean.

The extra bar is basically a temporary ki bar like you mentioned, and yes, using ki does affect it. If you've never played LoG2/Buu's Fury, basically another ki bar covers the current one, indicating you're in super saiyan form. While in this form, it drains a small bit, hitting things with regular attacks regenerates this temporary ki a bit with each attack(Although that's a LOG mechanic for all ki, it just has the most use for super saiyan/namek forms). If you use a ki attack, the temporary bar is drained of the ki rather than the actual ki you have.

That would probably be put better into use with the other system, which is why I added it under "Extras" though, due to how much more instant ki attacks are, and how you can determine how much you're using a bit more effectively.