ID:116162

Alright guys, simple question that may generate complicated answers.

How would you like to see AI implemented in an RPG? Preferably of the fan-game sort. I just want to have a specific idea of how the AI should work before I create it.

What different things do you want your enemies to do? Target only weak people, but run away when they are too weak to fight someone? Expand and tell me your thoughts!
Since you're doing Bleach, hollows are not really smart and attack anybody no matter how strong they are. Just my opinion :)
Depends on the enemy. A boss would never back down from a fight, like maybe a guardian of some place. While other, minor "enemies" would be more prone to target weaker people and to run when weakened.
Ah, but they do tend to go after higher spiritual power. Plus, Hollows will not be the only enemies. There are plenty of other things that could attack you.
No. Smarter hollows go after what they can find, as to being better predators.
Why was it said in Episode 1 that the Hollow came after Ichigo because they felt his power over everyone else's then?
Only some Hollows are actually smart. Other hollows are just stupid instinctive bitches. For example, most Menos Grande are mindless. People like Aaroniero were a bit smarter.
Yup.
Thanks, DT. That helped quite a bit. Going to start writing some things down on what I want the AI to specifically do.
nobody said we were talking bout the animes. well i think that if your going to make a fangame based of doctor who the daleks think their the best people ever and are invisble so they just rush at you even if their completey broken
I'm sorry, I didn't understand that at all. I said we were talking about a fan-game, and Heyya knows it is a Bleach game. So it is about Anime, I guess.
Ok heres a idea

NPC AI should work with surroundings and things done in-game such as quest (ex:player beat a major boss for the first time the NPC in town should randomly bring up this subject if talked to).Also if player make trouble for NPC they should remember this and react in a negative manor to the players or players involved.Random action should also be done such as comeing up to a player and asking them for gold or telling them thy don't like them ect...

Enemy AI should work with useing aggression as if a player kills alot of one monster the monster will attack them on site more often or flee.Boss should use muti attacks as there life lowers or spawning more monster to defend it while it heals.

theys are just ideas
I said that with reason, not ignorance, Yut Put. I meant it towards those who have seen the Anime(Those who actually have seen my posts and know what game I am making) and think that the AI should behave differently considering the personalities of the enemies in question.

EDIT: Basically I didn't want my legitimate post hidden because it related to Bleach. So I typed the post to cover up that part as much as possible.
o sorry albro for the idea if its not going to help this project but later on maybe it can

But a bleach AI i can give you some ideas

Hollows are around when lost souls are roaming earth or the world of the liveing so make hollow spawns centered around sprite lvl stronger hollows will only appear in areas with humans or soul reapers who have strong sprite power.Weaker hollows will appear more around lost souls on earth.Make hollows grow stronger as they eat souls or kill reapers and as they grow stronger instead of haveing strong hollows just appear in town randomly.

just another idea