ID:116823

As part of my preparations for the next big NEStalgia push, I've redesigned the main Silk Games website and have transitioned the official NEStalgia development blog over there as well. The new site/blog can be found at Silk Games.com.

Check it out: Welcome to the New Silk Games Blog

This "old blog" will remain intact for archival purposes, although I don't plan to cross-post new entries here or to update it in any other way from this point forward. If you're a BYONDer who wants to keep up on Silk Games and NEStalgia news then be sure to bookmark the new blog or add it to your RSS feed.

The best thing about the new blog is that it uses existing Silk Games Forum accounts for comment posting, etc. Speaking of the forum, that will be receiving a bit of a makeover in the near future as well in order to better match the new site.

Today's first post is more than just a welcome message, it's the 10 year anniversary of the day that I released my first BYOND game!
Happy anniversary!
10 years, damn o-o. happy anniversary
thats amazing
Congratulations on the 10 year mark for yourself and your projects, Silk.
You've been on here for 10 years now. If you had the chance to do one thing differently during your time on BYOND, what would it be? o.O

[edit] reworded the question.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
You've been on here for 10 years now. If you had the chance to do one thing differently during your time on BYOND, what would it be? o.O

Ha, well it's such a long stretch of time that a lot of things come to mind. Honestly though, the big thing that I would have done differently is to never make Dragon Warrior Online in the first place. If I had instead immediately made an original retro MORPG like NEStalgia back in 2001, I think that I could have had a lot of success with it and made a ton of money.

That's not to say that we aren't going to have lots more success with NEStalgia now, but ten years ago we would have had a much easier time making a killing with something like it.