ID:116859

Keywords: byondcast

The debut episode, hope you enjoy. Suggest new things we could do!

----------

The BYONDcast is a new little show that Oasiscircle and Akto put on to talk about some new things happening around BYOND. We mostly do development updates and our personal thoughts on games, but of course a few community things will slip in there as well. And of course, a few laughs along the way. We're probably going to be doing a weekly update, as these are really easy and fun to record.
We will be improving and adding more to the show as we go, so suggest new things like different sections like maybe a Gameplay section where we show off some gameplay or something like that.
If you want to be Featured in the next BYONDcast, email me at '[email protected]' or add me on Skype as 'gary.bethlehem'.

----------

Game of Interest: Eternia
Developer's Blog
Hub Page

----------

Article Links:
BYOND Update 489.1099
Yusuke13's Contest
Eternia Public Testing
ACWraith's PCG Action Adventure
Jp's dll Dynamic Lighting
Forum_Account's Pixel Movement 3.2
BYOND Journalism's back!
dam i havent got into byondcast or byond and within once yet i have to try harder its time to code
A third BYONDcast?

Eternia doesn't actually have pixel movement, I just used a few tricks I learned from Decadence to buff out the rough edges as much as I could. The tick_lag is also set to 1.

Anyway, it was a good podcast and I look forward to the next one.
Thank you for the compliments on Eternia! I'm glad you enjoyed the test run.

I'll set up a weekly schedule for public testing so those that missed out can get in on the action.
Yes, we'll make use of this account again.
We'll have images and game-play footage in future episodes, even though podcasts are usually only audio.
It's just for some spicing up. (:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a fun or interesting part of the show you'd like to see?
Laserdog wrote:
" its time to code"

Let's hope more effort goes into this than your comics <shudders>

ON topic:

I really liked this, rather than losing time reading walls of text i can listen attentively while doing some pixel art.

+1!

I like. I like a lot. Keep doing awesome things.
Zane444 wrote:
Laserdog wrote:
" its time to code"

Let's hope more effort goes into this than your comics <shudders>

ON topic:

I really liked this, rather than losing time reading walls of text i can listen attentively while doing some pixel art.

+1!

Audio things are pretty great. You can do other things while you listen like you were. I really want to be able to offer 3 forms of content to the 'readers'... Text, Graphical and Text (rather PDFs that look like magazines), Audio / Video (IE Audio interviews ;)). This is why I am giving myself a 1 month buffer so i can get all this worked out and see what is possible to do and what isn't.

I agree with Zane. I like listening to them while doing other stuff.

Also, Oasis, I'll send an e-mail your way in a bit.
Well done. If you decide to keep doing these, you ought to find yourselves a bit of intro/outro music to spice things up. Also, I recommend that the both of you wear headphones while recording next time around in order to prevent echoes.

To address your discussion of NEStalgia: back in February once we realized how much mass appeal NEStalgia has, the entire scope of the project changed. Our efforts since then have been focused on development and preparing the game for a much larger audience. In the meantime we've had to prioritize our time and thus haven't marketed the game or created any new content to retain players (I played around with Facebook Ads for about a week just to figure out what works so that I'm ready when the time comes).

Our next big push is going to dwarf what we saw in February, and thanks to the past few months of development we'll be more than prepared to handle it. From the outside it may look like things are dwindling, but all that you're seeing is the calm before the storm ;)
@SilkWizard: Thanks! Yes, I have a track that I'll be using along with a few animations for transitioning.
About the headphones, Akto has headphones so you'll have to blame the echo on me. My headset has extremely loud default volume, and even setting it down to the lowest setting explodes in your ears. I'll have to look into getting a combo of headsets, one with a microphone and the other for listening to audio so there won't be any echo.

I can't wait to see what happens with NEStalgia. Hope it's as good as we both are envisioning it. (:
I cannot wait. :c

AND HAI GAREH? <3
I liked this cant wait for next
@Aishot13 Thanks so much!
The next one will be coming on Wednesday with a lot of upgrades. (:
Make sure to 'Follow' BYOND Journalism so you receive the update as soon as possible.
updated the side bar of Journalism.
@EG: Thanks. There will be a lot more fanciness in the next episode rather than a static boring background.
So those who do want something to see rather than just something to hear (both methods are fine) then you'll be able to look at whatever we're looking at! (:
Eheh! Maybe I will talk more next time.. :3
I would suggest less of the "Uhs" and "Uhms".

Maybe write yourself a script and edit it until you're comfortable with what you're saying. I liked it. Great stuff.
@Yusuke13 - Hahaha you should hear it without editing! XD
Page: 1 2