ID:116907

Hey guys. I have recently made my first "official" accomplishment on BYOND: a quite useful library, named "Environment / Ecosystem Library".

This library utilizes Deadron's Event Loop library.

The library features several useful functions, such as:

* Season simulation.
* Dynamic icon changes.
* -When the seasons change, you can easily change any atom in any way.
* Easy world interaction.
* -You can easily create interaction with the world around you. You can have realistic AI animals, for example. I provided a small example of this by creating a simple deer that feeds on the grass.

The list is rather small, but it makes many things that were possible much easier, and makes some things that were impossible possible.

I also created a demo to go along with it: "Environment / Ecosystem Demo - Grass".

This demo simply shows how you can make the environment react to your actions, such as grass eroding as you walk.
The demo is built to be non-plug-and-play. The way I built it is not very dynamic and is not as efficient and well-built as it could be. It still functions as it is meant to, however. It just keeps you from having a quality system if you decide to copy and paste my code.

As this is my first official library and demo, I would highly appreciate feedback. If I make any more, I would do well to learn from this experience.

Download Links
All of the download links can be found above, but here they are again.
Event Loop Library
Environment / Ecosystem Library
Environment / Ecosystem Demo - Grass
grass demo is broken
var walked_on not defined or something
Strange, the library didn't update correctly. Hold on, I will re-upload it. I apologize.
Oh great, the latest update I did on the library has been lost. Give me about 5 minutes, I will redo it and upload it.
Alright, updated the library. Once you download it, everything should work correctly.
I hit the same error. Changing that var to 10 allowed me to run the grass demo where I was killed by a deer shaped like a block within 5 seconds. Not sure what to make of it.
Ah. You may want to un-include the map file in the library. Other than that, I don't see why it would do it.
Dude, killer deer xD
Thanks. XD