ID:117208

So lately I have been thinking of getting a second job to bring in a bit more money, and I actually got a great deal.

You see, the restaurant I work for is a busy... very very busy restaurant in my area. I started 3 years ago and due to my natural ability to ball harder than rock, I am one of the highest paid cooks employed. I also write the schedule for all 38 (yes, 38) cooks.

In the restaurant business, the managements goal is to not allow the employees to get overtime, since food has a low profit margin. Meaning, once you get close to 40.01 hours this week, they are going to send you home. So overtime was never an option, I needed a second job.

The management offered some of the more experienced cooks more hours in our second location (about 30 mins drive from our main location). They say they need some ballers to go down there and show they staff they have how to do things.. Since the payroll at the second location is separate from the first restaurant, I will get a separate paycheck. (therefor not being time and a half after I put 40 in at location 1). There is an upside though, they offer a dollar more an hour for the drive, and I'm willing to work a lot to make a lot of money.

I am going to be working a lot, so I wont have much time at all for programming... which is a bummer because I've really been into it lately.

Anywho, here is what my schedule will be from here on out.

Monday - OFF
Tuesday - 11am to 9-10pm
Wednesday - 11am to 9-10pm
Thursday - 11am to 9-10pm (location 2)
Friday - 11am to 10-11pm
Saturday - 11am to 10-11pm
Sunday - 8am to 9-10pm (location 2)

The cool thing is that I will now be getting two paychecks. Both will be bi-weekly, but it will work out that I'll be getting a check every week.
I also won't have to be trained for a new job, since the menu is the same.