AdventureTimeProductions wrote:
I might enter lawl And nice Css i like it

Thx to Teka
Yeah.. Teka's not too bad with CSS yeah!? *Big headed*

Contest sounds good, :) good luck everyone, I really like all these contests going on at the moment :)
much better CSS yeeeeeeeeeee (Y)
Yut Put wrote:
who said board games must be turn based? its a game, on a board

You are correct. No one said anything about turn-based gameplay
Urgh. Hit a programmer's block. I'll let it sit til tomorrow then.
Who ever heard of a programmers block?
Yut Put wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

If you're attacked by a bear while you're programming, and...

...the bear mistakes you for it's cub and takes you to it's cave to nurture you, then...
Yut Put wrote:
Megablaze wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

If you're attacked by a bear while you're programming, and...

...the bear mistakes you for it's cub and takes you to it's cave to nurture you, then...

You're infected with AIDS, and soon realize you're no longer programming, and blog about it....

...but then trolls start spamming the comment box, so you decide to live under a bridge to find them...
If the game is multi-player only, is that okay?
Cool. Hm, since it must be a board game, I don't know if I can use the exact idea I had for your next contest, but I'll see what I can do.
I think I'll definitely have something to submit to this contest, though!
I think for interface, I might try a keyboard-only control scheme for once. (And perhaps nothing but a map window.)
CauTi0N wrote:
If the game is multi-player only, is that okay?

I asked this earlier. I never got a reply either.
There's no restrictions on the game, apart from it being an original board game, meaning multiplayer only is fine. Also, I finished mine, so I'll make a hub and post a link in this comment in a minute.

(Edit:)
http://www.byond.com/games/Megablaze/TubesNCannons

(Edit2:)
Since most of these games are probably going to be multiplayer, are you going to hold any sessions for others to play?
Megablaze wrote:
There's no restrictions on the game, apart from it being an original board game, meaning multiplayer only is fine.

This is true!

Since most of these games are probably going to be multiplayer, are you going to hold any sessions for others to play?

This is a great idea! I personally can't host, but it would be nice and perhaps let the BYOND community vote for the winner via poll. However, some people aren't honest and could create multiple keys to do this. I could remedy that situation by making it only open for BYOND members, but I don't want to limit the voting.

Having hosted servers would be great. I may make an edit to the contest and require the author to arrange for the game to be hosted on the 25th.

Any thoughts on how to handle this situation?
I get the feeling there might be another poll hosting service outside of BYOND that monitors IP's to make sure people can't cheat. I'm not sure, though.

Otherwise, you could always make a BYOND game created for the sole purpose of voting. In fact, it could even be a single player game and use the scores and medals system to display votes. (And to make sure multiple people don't vote.) I'm not sure what else you can monitor to prevent people from multi-voting besides IP.

I mean, having to be a member to vote is one thing, but even then people could buy memberships to get more votes, if they had enough money.
What about having mutliple keys votes? I say that it would have to be a mutliplayer game with No multikeying allowed. Then it's handled quite easily.
Complex Robot wrote:
I mean, having to be a member to vote is one thing, but even then people could buy memberships to get more votes, if they had enough money.

Well, if they want to spend $18+ to win $10, then that's their problem lol

Lugia319 wrote:
What about having mutliple keys votes? I say that it would have to be a mutliplayer game with No multikeying allowed. Then it's handled quite easily.

If it were a game like he was suggesting, we could monitor the voters and I would personally go through each key to see which ones were made that day to ensure honesty.
The issue is creating it so that it doesn't have to be hosted all the time. (Since you can't host yourself.)

Which is why I suggest storing everything in the scores list. Or having a Medal when you vote so that the server can use GetMedal() to determine if you've voted yet.
I can make an extremely caveman but working voting system and host it when the time comes. I may not be trusted as a contestant, but I understand. I don't mind doing it though.
Albro1 wrote:
I can make an extremely caveman but working voting system and host it when the time comes. I may not be trusted as a contestant, but I understand. I don't mind doing it though.

That would be greatly appreciated! Like Complex Robot said, you can just make a Vote() verb and just send it to the scores on the hub. This way, we can monitor each key that was done and also use the GetMedal() or however you like it. If you do that, making it single player shouldn't be a problem. People can download it and just hit the vote verb and be done with it.

However you want to do it is fine. I appreciate the help! Thanks a ton! ;)
Page: 1 2 3 4