ID:117491

Hey everybody its been a while! Football and highschool starting back up has gotten in the way of development, but have no fear some stuff has still been done!

Some new aspects have been added to the unnamed pvp-shooter I've been working on, which includes; Control points, Amour abilities, Melee weapons, and Bullet types.

Control Points
If you haven't kept up with updates on my personal blog the game is 4 teams battling to gain supplies for their team. Control points will act as a sort of separate base off of your main team base.

To get a control point you simply stand within the control radius and wait, you can also steal control points from other teams if noone is within the capture radius.

When your team has a control point you gain respawn areas within that control radius. So if your base is being camped and your teammate captures a control point you can choose to respawn there after you're killed.

Armour Abilities
Think Halo Reach meets Unreal Championship 2, there are different abilities laying around on the map and you simply run over them to obtain them. You only have 1 at a time and they all come with different abilities/cooldown times/etc.

At the moment there is Sprint and Fire Man, in which you sprint really fast for a couple seconds and fires burn around your player(no damage to friendlies)

Expect several more in the future which will help you survive in water based maps, maps with drop offs, etc.

Melee Weapons
Melee will also play an important part in gameplay. Usually in games where you have melee its usually not a main aspect of fighting, but more of a fallback or desperation. In this game melee will be very helpful for survival.

The first melee so far is a powerful "claw" type of weapon. Its strong enough to hit objects such as boxes and move them, and when players shoot certain bullets*see below you'll be able to cancel them out.

The first melee weapon so far

More melee weapons will include different attacks to add more variety to fighting.

Bullet Types
Bullet types is basically how guns work in real life, different guns have different bullets. You'll see said effects when players shoot guns. Some bullets such as spikes and lasers can be canceled out by the said claw above, while others such as a M16 bullet would still penetrate.

Expect to see more updates in the future and be sure to subscribe so you'll always be up-to-date on paperclip development :)
Haha, game sounds like fun. Just change the base or just make the head part different.
Yut Put wrote:
they look like........ fleshy bullets

The idea was to have a character that was simple and easy to work with. Thats pretty much what I came up with.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
The idea was to have a character that was simple and easy to work with. Thats pretty much what I came up with.

Male genitalia aren't simple OR easy to work with.
ExPixel wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

Male genitalia aren't simple OR easy to work with.

Thats why they don't look like males or females.