ID:1175338

Hey guys well after like ages of not posting in this forum I would like to ask for your opinion on these drawings. By the way just saying these are like my first drawings in like 10 years so I am not saying they are even moderately good but I would still like to get an opinion.

Homer Simpson :

Bart Simpson :

Goku(without his hair fully done because I didnt scale the picture properly) :

I also think I should attach a the reference I used for this one so here it is :

Thanks for everyone that helps
Yeah I know what you mean. I'll try to do something like that soon but for now I need to get some practice like this because well I really dont know much about drawing. I mean I dont even know how to shade properly so well for now I'll just see how these people do it and try to replicate it. Hopefully with time I'll pick up some of the techniques.
I like how your learning. I use to do this a lot when i was little, just draw while looking at something :D then once you get concepts of how to make certain stuff it's way easier. I also reference when i draw too, if i don't know how something looks or how to make it look.

It'd be great if you'd show some progress along with what your doing. Drawing can increase your Artistic mind o_O and you'll be better at art. Good luck tho :D
Thats exactly what I thought. I actually saw no reason to start with completely original stuff because its alot harder and well its no way to start of learning. I'll post pictures of what I draw so you can see if I am progressing or not. I recently drew vegeta so I'll post a picture of that when I get a chance (although I didn't manage to get his hair fully done due to lack of space again. I should really work on scaling my drawings better.) By the way I was wondering. When you started to learn drawing did you look at any specific tutorials or books or anything ? If so mind linking me to them ?
Well when i started to draw i actually just free handed it from my thoughts itself, but i read a lot of Manga so the art style kind of rubbed off on me. So basically i just bring what i saw from the Manga i read and put them on paper from the top of my head. But that's just my style btw. But on top of that i don't think i looked at any specific tutorials or tutorial books.
Alright. That seems like a good way to learn. Thanks for the advice.