ID:1175695

(See the best response by LordAndrew.)
I was wondering how my 96x96 tiled icons shrinks down to 32x32 on the game itself

This is from the demo icon tester i had.
http://tinypic.com/r/35l7zpw/6

How do I find a solution for this?

I'll probably have more problems if I try to break the icon to pieces..

Most likely, world.map_format is set to TILED_ICON_MAP, which only supported 32x32 icons and forced you to have to break them into pieces. You need to use the TOPDOWN_MAP in order to enable large icons natively.
How do I apply it on my current game? I'm lost on how to insert in big icons since all the icons I made are either 64x64 to 96x96
In response to Mitz001
Best response
world.map_format is a variable you can set. By default it is TOPDOWN_MAP, so if you have a line somewhere along the lines of map_format = TILED_ICON_MAP, you'll want to remove it.

The TOPDOWN_MAP format allows you to use icons of any size. Just set something's icon to a large image and it should work.
Ah. though lets say for example you have an older source of the game when you can only use tiled maps. Does it switch to topdown_map format from the latest byond updates?
"TOPDOWN_LAYER is a special high value that can be added to the regular layer of any atom. This is only available when using a non-topdown world.map_format, such as isometric mapping."

Okay so, does this mean I could probably apply this effect for a specific code?

obj
YotonYokaiNoJutsu
icon = 'Yoton Yokai No Jutsu.dmi'
icon_state = ""
pixel_x = -32
pixel_y = -32
layer = 100
density = 1
layer = MOB_LAYER+1

For example, how do I apply it on this code if so~

In response to Mitz001
TOPDOWN_LAYER is not the same thing as TOPDOWN_MAP, and tends to only be useful if you're making an isometric game.

It's been a while, but if I recall when you compile an older source it'll throw out a warning once about map_format stuff and tell you to set it to TOPDOWN_MAP.
Ah I figured it out now thank you vm~