ID:1180306

(See the best response by LordAndrew.)
Hi

I was just wondering if my game has not yet been marked for admin review because it is incomplete, is it possible to get a post in the Game Updates section of the forums?

If it is possible how exactly would I go about it? I know I am meant to make a post in my games forum but where? Should it just be a new post under general?

I know this might be kind of newbish but it's just not that clear for me.

Thanks in advance for any help :D
Best response
Games marked as visible, but not marked for admin review will be set to incomplete. Incomplete games and their posts do not show up in Game Updates (they did at one time, but because we had like eight pages of incomplete games that would never see activity again, they were hidden).

For posts to appear in Game Updates, you need to post them in the General forum of your hub and make sure that the cross-post checkbox is checked.
@LordAndrew

Thanks, that cleared it all up.
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I thought it would be better then starting a new one.

I recently posted in my games forum an update, and I checked the cross post to main forums checkbox and the post did not go under the game updates in the main forums, in fact I can't find it anywhere in the main forums. Is this a bug?
We've had a few changes in this area, so I'm not sure what the forum behaviour is now in terms of game updates. I guess raise it as a bug, and then Tom/Lummox can come and clarify?

Although, I see your post here: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1272849&forum=2 in game updates. Is that the one?
If it's the "Duel Monsters BYOND - 0.03 alpha" post, it looks like it's there now. Maybe it just took a little while to refresh the cache?
The two post you both posted are it but I can't see it anywhere except for in my general forum for the game.

Just to make sure we are looking on the same page, I am looking here: http://www.byond.com/forum/?forum=2

I have cleared my browsers history / cache / cookies and all that stuff (even though I don't think it will do anything because I have tried on a different browser) and still nothing.

If we are looking on the same page it must be a problem on my end.
Ah, now I see what's happening. It looks like posts from fangames aren't visible in Game Updates (Stephen and I just happen to be moderators, so we can see them, doh!). This may be a side effect of opening up the listings to all members once again. It doesn't look like there's any way to choose to see them, though (unlike the game listings, where you can elect to view fangames).

As Stephen said, it may be worth a bug report (or maybe a feature request at this point) to see what the plan is.
At the moment we are only showing tagged games (which we're calling "published") in the game updates section, since we've moved to a more lax "review" system where effectively everything is accepted but certain items are highlighted through tags.
Oh darn. Well hopefully the new system helps BYOND! =D