ID:118073

Well, upon waiting for Branks to finish Eternity's Base I decided to start on a quick easy project i should be able to complete on my own. However, just cause i can complete it on my own doesnt mean i dont appreciate help from you guy. So anyone who wants to help after hearing about the game feel free to give me a page, or if you know my e-mail/MSN hit me up on them.

Now on to the information about said game, The project's title will be: Ninja Death Fight. I know what your thinking "Oh no, another naruto fan-game!", but no this game will have nothing to do with naruto nor will it be a fan-based game. This game will be based off the classic ninja style, stick to the shadows, katanas, Shurikens, Kunai, Melee, Blood, And your sexy black jumpsuit type clothes.

The concept of this game is simple; Kill or be killed. That kind of goes without saying for this type of game but im just throwing that out there. Anyway back on track, The game will be multiplayer based. Its team vs team both of which being consisted of players. As the title suggests its a "Death Fight" you'll be fighting the other team. Sort of like a FPS Death Match game type.

Here are a list of the NDF System plans:

Introduction: You will learn to play the game off of a pop up upon logging in on your first visit and a "Help" manual you can chose to open at any time. Other than that your on your own to learn unless the community would like to help.

Player Weapons: Each player will have 5 different 'Tools' at their disposal; A Katana, Their Martial Arts Skills, 10 Shurikens(Per Life), 5 Kunai(Per Life), And 2 Smoke Bombs(Per Life). Ill go into more detail on these weapons.
-Katana(Melee): Quick combos with high damage but slower movement speed.
-Martial Arts(Melee): Normal Paces Combos, Movement Speed, And Damage.
-Shurikens(Ranged): Small, Fast, Weak ranged weapons that will travel until hitting something, or someone.
-Kunai(Ranged): Larger, Fast, Moderate Damaging ranged weapons that will travel until hitting something, or someone.
-Smoke Bombs(Close, Or Ranged): A Ball that upon hitting the ground will emit smoke that blinds anyone, friend or foe, that is within it. Although these provide for quick escapes they are not suggested to be used when in groups.

Teams: Teams will be randomly Selected per round consisted of half the players for each. Hope the members of your team are friendly cause your going to need teamwork to win.

Scoring: Each kill you earn will result in 1 point for your team. The first team to the goal will win the round. The goal will be generated off the amount of players that round plus a random offset.

Battle Areas: The game is planned to have around if not over 50 battle areas, or in other words maps. Each map will have a different layout, a different terrain, and maybe some different interactive items if i or we, if i get a team going get the chance.

Player Info: Your name will be your BYOND Key, All kills, Deaths, And K/D Raitos will be tracked on the games leader boards located on the hub. There will be medals to obtains by certain events in game as well. You'll also be granted a 'Bio' option, Where you will be able to set your own 'About Me' type message for anyone who wishes to read. Which will be located in, and under your combat record.

Combat Record: A Record of:
-Your round wins, And loses
-Your kills, and death, as well as your K/D Raito
-How long you've spent playing the game
-The day you joined the game for the first time
-A List of Medals you have earned
-Your 'About Me' Section
-And a set face icon out of the list. (This maybe changed to allow anyone to set a custom picture following them being approved by me, or other staff members.)

More systems will hopefully be added.

Q&As
Will this game be full screen?
-If you mean computer screen "Full screen" that depends if i, or we, find a way to get around the resolution problem. If you mean will the game window be full screen, yes.

Will this game have a chat option?
-Yes, this game will have a toggled free scaled chat box with options to talk to the world, your team, or those on your screen.

If you die will you be able to talk to the world, possibly giving out the positions of the enemy team?
-No, if you die you will be bale to talk only to the people who have died. However, you will still have the "World" and "Team" Settings to talk to them.

Will you stay dead once you die in a round?
-No, you will stay dead for 10-30 seconds. Then Re-spawn on a random area of the battle map.

Will Ranks be included on this game?
-Possibly, depends on the ranking system if one ever gets introduced.

If there are ranks will a higher ranked player have an unfair advantage over a lower ranked player?
-Other than experience of the game, and bragging rights? Probably not.

Will the game have voice over effects?
-Hopefully, this will be based on if im able to get voice over donations, a decent mic and recording system, or someone who can do that joins the team, if said is made.

Will this game have a password system?
-Most likely not, BYOND already has a built in key system, i know some of you like to share your accounts but if something bad happens that's your own fault for "Sharing" it.

Will this me a 64x64 scale game or a 32x32 scaled?
-Hopefully a pixel artist will decide to help on this game, and hopefully they will be capable of 64x64 bases cause that would be the best choice of quality. This doesn't mean if your not capable of 64x64 work i don't want your help. I do want it, you just might not be working on the bases/animations is all. After all, 50 64x64 scaled Battle Maps takes a lot of turfs, Eh?

Thats it for Q&As if you have a question, post bellow and once i see it ill be sure to answer. Now, ill be showing you some progress i have made on the current 'Base' And Banner i have made. Remember, these are still works in progress, if you want to help with them feel free. C&C is welcome, but please avoid trolling.

Base Preview(This is in dmi format due to the fact i dont know how to make gifs, so lets hope this works):
Base

Banner WIP:
Banner

Thanks for your time, Feel free to tell me what you think about the game's concept.
-Jester

People/Games Mentioned:
Branks
Eternity
I'm glad to see you're moving over to the divine side of originality.
Yusuke13 wrote:

I don't think he has ever worked on a fan game, So I don't think he is moving over lol.

Arena Game,All the 'Em games,Suukou Faita and Invasion are all based off an original idea.
Yusuke13 wrote:

Eternity is Original... its just like 10% of the BASE of the game is done... i just host it so people can see what it has to offer. As for the B:E continuation, i jumped off that train like, quite a bit ago. =3
Ryuk25 wrote:
Yusuke13 wrote:

I don't think he has ever worked on a fan game, So I don't think he is moving over lol.

Arena Game,All the 'Em games,Suukou Faita and Invasion are all based off an original idea.

I was referring to his continuation of the open-sourced Bleach: Eternity by Falacy.
Lige wrote:
Ryuk25 wrote:
Yusuke13 wrote:

I'm unsure what Suukou Faita, Invasion and all of the 'Em games have to do with him working on a fan/original/continued game. If you thought he might've been helping out our projects, that's false information. Suukou Faita and the 'Em games are just Branks and myself. Invasion has the credits listed on the hub.

^ This, i think he might have been confused due to me mentioning them on my blog posts. I Do not, And Never have worked on Suukou Faita, Invasion, or Brank's Em game series.