ID:118107

Since the loss of my laptop charger, I have refused to redo the Kaguya skills that I had finished, because I'd rather revisit something I had already done and fix it rather than making it all new. So instead of that, I've been refining the base... A LOT, and with the new "pixel movement" update for BYOND, my excitement and motivation to improve fluidity of the game has grown sevenfold.

I was interested to see how much we've progressed throughout the few months, and found this old screenshot to compare numbers, as you can tell, it's improved dramatically; size and beauty.

Aside from the base, Mes has purchased a new laptop charger for me, which will be arriving sometime this upcoming week, hopefully Wednesday at the latest. Thank you, again. Also, next update will be about the new combat aspects I'm going to implement ranging from the "combat ticker" to "status effects" to the "attack sequences", stay tuned.
Funny, now everything's probably getting pixel movement. BYOND, even the crappiest anime games on it (not saying yours will be), are all going in the right direction. I'm looking forward to this year, and all the original and fan games that come with it, including this. It looks like you're working hard.
Fugsnarf wrote:
Funny, now everything's probably getting pixel movement. BYOND, even the crappiest anime games on it (not saying yours will be), are all going in the right direction. I'm looking forward to this year, and all the original and fan games that come with it, including this. It looks like you're working hard.

It's definitely given me a lot of motivation, and pixel movement has definitely been one of those core game aspects I wanted implemented, but couldn't add in until now.

This means a lot, thank you.
Good luck keeping motivation on overlays for all of those frames.
Branks wrote:

Haha. This is exactly why I didn't animate the characters in my games. Those overlays can drain the life out of you.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Branks wrote:

Haha. This is exactly why I didn't animate the characters in my games. Those overlays can drain the life out of you.

I like to see animations as much as the next guy. However... I learned my lesson long ago, that making like 25+ icon states is pointless when it's a large game. I now stick with 8 or less, because some can be recycled for various movements.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Branks wrote:

Most of it is recycling, which isn't much of a hassle. No need to worry about my motivation. I have three other artists that're dedicated to the overlays.
368... good luck making a 10 shirt overlays >.<
SilencedWhisper wrote:
368... good luck making a 10 shirt overlays >.<

As stated before, most of the animations are recycles, and only variates a little.