ID:118271

Hey, it's me UPD4T3, here with another "UPD4T3", har har. I'm here to tell you about what I've been doing as of late, and tell you about some of the combat features for Naruto Online, it's current status, as well as my involvement in Kumorri's upcoming zombie game, Feed. If you're a first time reader, click "Follow" (above), I won't let you down. So here we go!

Last update I left you off with a hint about my most innovative idea yet, the "Combat Ticker".

The image above is a work in progress, but it basically explains what it is all about, so here is the in-depth about it. The combat ticker will appear when you've done a critical hit (such as a charged punch, or you've run in and hit them from behind) and a finishing blow (last hit). It will show the last few seconds before impact, as well as a few second after the blow. Pretty cool, huh? The little battle effect will be in also. I'm also working on another idea, that I borrowed from Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3:

IF anyone remembers Super Warriors, you had to press the sequence of buttons during melee to even perform the attack, which was always interesting to watch. In Budokai 3, it was only activated during rush where you pressed keys and hoped that the opponent didn't press the same one, so that you could do your super attack. Well, I haven't got much information to give to you, because I haven't completely thought it out, but it's a beta idea without a name.

Naruto Online as a whole has taken a sudden and unwanted halt in its programming, but the art is still being done. Base animations are being refined, constantly, as well as clan jutsus being done. Aburame and Kaguya are finished, until I go back and find something else to nitpick at and refine. The design document is also being redone, due to it being NOT done before, which MistaDougie has been helping me with.

Now about Feed. Kumorri in this post was asking for help. It was interesting to me, due to its artistic simplicity so I eagerly signed up. It's progressing pretty quickly, since I'm spewing out more artwork than.. something that spews really fast.

Eh, I'm tired of writing. OH, I got a laptop charger. I'm going to be giving Mes all the OoA! artwork, so he can actually get to work on it.

MistaDougie also wanted me to tell you all that he has a rock hard ****.
Epic!
Finally, a battle system that fits with a narto game.
Yut Put wrote:
Naruto Online as a whole has taken a sudden and unwanted halt in its programming, but the art is still being done.

This means absolutely nothing. The art being done is a higher priority than the programming for me. But it is, unwanted.