ID:118331

Keywords: clones, fett, jenga
What is your stance on game 'clones' which have advanced beyond the stage of 'lol i give myself adminz'

I say this in direct relation to my game Biohazard Beginnings, which I personally term to no longer being a clone.

Why? Because
A: Whilst the gameplay is still much similar, the actual programming of the game is 90% original now
B: The original game has evolved past what it used to be, so far that the two games are indistinguishable.

So, what do you think? Is there a time at which a game can 'stop' being a clone?
I think there is. But only time will tell. It's the player choice whether to consider it an original or a complete clone.
Depends on the players point of view about it.
There is a difference between mass-editing a base source and ripping. I'd say remap, redo the pixel art, reprogram, new source in general, then it's not a clone. Yet I share much respect for you, Darwin, so this is an informational post and not an insulting one.
This isn't me. This is El Wookie/Rushnut, Lol. I do appreciate your comment, though.
A game can stop being a clone once it gets new art, different programming and new stuff.