Thanks Shadow813. (:
Oasiscircle wrote:
> But I'm not exactly sure how people can make the "teens have no money" argument when literally hundreds of millions of people have bought Minecraft ($18) who are from every community online and they certainly aren't all non-teenagers.

The difference is that Minecraft has a much bigger player base than BYOND.com. Therefore, the statistics will be skewed when comparing the two.

I also think what Techgamer mentioned plays a role in this. BYOND games has a reputation of being tile-based games that are just decent when compared to the rest of the indie world. So a person could say "why should I spend what little cash I have on one of them?" But things are obviously changing for the good now!
$5 dollars for life is not that much. However, if you set a price keep it at that price. You can always provide "upgrade" packages for more money but if you set a price stick with it. If you don't you will have angry customers and a bad karma. Nothing ruins a game, like bad karma. (see Eve Online's latest "Golden Goose")
Page: 1 2 3