ID:118584

At first, I was super overwhelmed by how the navigation and such worked, the "app" system is weird but innovative. I feel as if I'm messing with my Android phone.

After the first few minutes of tinkering, uninstalling and reinstalling certain programs, I've come to enjoy it's simplicity and resource-efficiency. It definitely makes my browser run a lot faster (IE10).

Right now I'm hopefully installing Google Chrome, and seeing if that is compatible. But thus far, if you're willing to tinker a bit and figure it out, it's a good step for Microsoft. Windows 7 is still a great OS.

As I sip my now-cold-coffee, I'm gonna take my Grandmother to her doctors appointment, then get back to pixeling.
(Side note: IE10 works best with Windows 8, which is surprising and awesome.)

Compatibility List:

Flash Player (Latest: v11)
Windows Live Messenger (Essentials)
BYOND (Beta 490)
Google Chrome (any)
CCleaner (latest)
I installed Windows 8 and it works great. One problem though, I can't access Windows XP anymore(It's installed on my other drive) :(
Tensa Soul wrote:
I installed Windows 8 and it works great. One problem though, I can't access Windows XP anymore(It's installed on my other drive) :(

I made the mistake of making this my Primary OS, so, no reverting back for me. It isn't much of an issue for me anymore, slowly getting the hang of it. :)
You can still run most things in compatability mode though right? If you go into the properties?
I'm not quiet sure,but i heard that apps on windows 8 will cost like Apps on Smartphones (a few dollars)...

What will happen with Photoshop and all other Adobe Products? As they already cost hundreds,will they just stop existing on Windows 8??
Can you upload screenshots? Thanks :)
How did you get Windows 8 btw?
it could be thanks to tiberath's post but here's the link
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5273-windows-8-beta.html

It's the developer beta thingy download at your own risk.
Just one question ,what if i have some softwares that may not work on Windows 8 For example my Bamboo Driver(Graphic Tablet) or Adobe Photoshop...i can still run them in compatibility mode right?
They'll check if they're compatible. I'm sure everything runs, just haven't got around too it. I'm going to check Adobe Photoshop CS5 next, but my internet speed is slow.

I didn't have to change anything with compatibility.
But for apps, I don't use them. There is a "Desktop View" that you can use to download anything via IE10, which shows up on the main programs page as a "Pinned App", that gives you the choice of uninstalling/unpinning it from the main page.
So if you could rate it,how much would you give it on 10?
And Is it better than Windows 7 in YOUR Opinion?
My post didn't submit which makes me kind of frustrated, lol.

I'd rate it a 8/10. It's a weird transition from any other OS, and there isn't much of a guide (that I've noticed). Desktop View could use improvement, but it works, as well as everything else. As this gets updated, I hope it doesn't get bogged down with useless social applications and syncing processes like the Android. This is definitely a good step to making laptops much more mobile.
Thank you.
=D
Windows 8 screenshots are up.
Photoshop CS5 works :o