ID:118650

Poll: Which of these is the best choice?

vBulletin 18% (2)
Proboards 18% (2)
Freeforums 18% (2)
Other (post in comments) 45% (5)

Login to vote.

Basically, we're moving to a new site. However, we're having a hard time deciding which one is better. The current Freeforums (marked as Forum Site), Proboards (mraked as Main Site), or the highly recommended vBulletin? Please vote for the future of our home. (though essentially, space is our home :D). Those who vote will get a free Moon Crescent cookie!
I use Freeforums the most, but ProBoards is the best out of all of them out there. Go for it.
I would say buy some webhosting, then get a phpbb forum set up and then you can eventually get an actual website made for it. :P
We were originally on Proboards but the site was having some issues when it came to people being able to freely access into the site, let alone register completely. So we went back to Freeforums for the games (Naruto New World Order and Bakugan respectively). Both Dragon and Zangetsu want both sites to merge, however, both do not like the others meaning of "organization".

Dragon prefers to have "Half Entertainment and Half BYOND". By entertainment, he means something like this.

Zangetsu wants the site to be organized by having a central office as the top for people to post things that revolve around the site in general like unban requests, complaints & errors, as well as Staff applications. Followed by the "Central Office", each category has BYOND games with boards related to the game. The entertainment section (much like Dragons Anime, Music, TV Shows, etc.) will all go in the general discussions board as sub forums.

Basically, they both have the same idea, only different ways of going about it. *hands Liam Howe and Masterdarwin88 a chocolate chip cookie* :D
Hmm i would go with Zangetsu's Idea seems a tiny bit more user friendly.

Edit: WHERES MY COOKIE!!!
DragonDesend wrote:

*gives Leon 2 cookies for voting and for his birthday*
Spatialpublics wrote:
DragonDesend wrote:

*gives Leon 2 cookies for voting and for his birthday*

*munches both cookies* Thank you sir.

I chose other. Now supply me with another option.
I've only used invisionfree.
I have no idea what the difference between any of them is.
IPB.
ExPixel wrote:
I chose other. Now supply me with another option.

The purpose of "Other" is for those who know another site for us to use as a forum. :(

*gives ExPixel half of a cookie*
Complex Robot wrote:
I've only used invisionfree.
I have no idea what the difference between any of them is.

Proboards has more freedom in terms of headers, footers, buttons, etc.

Freeforums has things preset for you. You can make custom themes/skins, have an arcade that has a highscore system built in. However, You must purchase the "premium" service in order to edit the headers and footers, whereas Proboards allows it for free. Also Arcade is also preset, you can't add any other games that aren't already in their system.

vBulletin is both combined but more towards Proboards. You can edit the Headers and footers and edit some of the information. You can have custom settings and custom "fields" (For example, since we intend to add Bakugan on the forum, we can add a field that says "Attribute" which will list the 6 attributes that you specialize in.) However, in order to use it, you must purchase it from the start, whereas both freeforums and proboards come free in registration. Kinda hard to explain vBulletin but this is an example of what it looks like. Also, themes/skin must be purchased.