In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
Clearly BYOND should add support for Bitcoins.

+
Can BYOND take advantage of MasterCard SecureCode & Verified by Visa to reduce fraud chargebacks?

I believe it was under these programs, charagebacks for Fraud are responsibily of credit card company.
Why doesn't everyone just add a PayPal API to their games website or in game even... its not hard.

there are also other API's for other transaction systems...its not hard! ive used them before.
In response to Gokussj99
Gokussj99 wrote:
Why doesn't everyone just add a PayPal API to their games website or in game even... its not hard.

there are also other API's for other transaction systems...its not hard! ive used them before.

Because then BYOND gets no profit, from you making a game via the software (and website) that they've been developing for close to 20 years now.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Gokussj99 wrote:

Because then BYOND gets no profit, from you making a game via the software (and website) that they've been developing for close to 20 years now.

So buy more subscriptions to donate in your own way with the money you earn or give out subscriptions to members that play your game as events or something.

There are other ways to show BYOND our appreciation.

Although i never use my subscription i try to buy one every now and then to show my support.

Mine just ran out and I'm about to subscribe again just because the community is great and i love BYOND.
In response to Gokussj99
Gokussj99 wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:
So buy more subscriptions to donate in your own way with the money you earn or give out subscriptions to members that play your game as events or something.

Although i never use my subscription i try to buy one every now and then to show my support.

Mine just ran out and I'm about to subscribe again just because the community is great and i love BYOND.

There is a difference between the user donating ('showing BYOND our appreciation') and BYOND providing a site-wide currency which would be beneficial to BYOND, users, and developers.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Gokussj99 wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:

There is a difference between the user donating ('showing BYOND our appreciation') and BYOND providing a site-wide currency which would be beneficial to BYOND, users, and developers.

A site wide currency is useless since they are trying to give support for ditching the byond website pretty much...aka the standalone option.

In response to Gokussj99
Gokussj99 wrote:
A site wide currency is useless since they are trying to give support for ditching the byond website pretty much...aka the standalone option.

BYOND accounts are integrated into the standalone client, so a currency would be just as integrated.

In response to Aaiko
Aaiko wrote:
Gokussj99 wrote:

BYOND accounts are integrated into the standalone client, so a currency would be just as integrated.

Well then there is a reason they haven't gotten anything together in all this time..

Really its up to them when they want to start seeing more money for their work.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
The BYONDime system (which is what this is) doesn't really work for us, because we get a higher than normal amount of chargebacks, and with a generic currency there is no accountability (that is, we have to accept both the loss of income AND the large chargeback fee). We're thinking about some per-game currency ideas by allowing one-time subscription purchases for individual games (so instead of subscribing someone to a game for a period of time, you could sell units of currency for your game).

This would be ideal for me.

When someone subscribes to you're game make the money BYONDCoins which you can buy a membership with it donate or make it to money.Also, subscribe to another game. It will be easier for people who don't have paypal or a credit card. It could also increase the number of donations(Hopefully) also people can give other people BYONDCoins.
Page: 1 2 3