In response to Kozuma3
Indeed, as there is people that could get confused, even though it is their own fault for overrating themselves, there is also people that could get benefited from this information, and from your words, it is a shame you are holding yourself from showing us your, I got to say, impressive knowledge.

Who knows how many chunks of information like this one you are aware of... =(
Fine I'll start brain-dumping a lot of the tips and tricks I know on sundays.

This sunday, I'm gonna teach you guys all about the Float Layer.
Im just really interested how you handle the reconstruction of overlays, underlays and icons on login
In response to Max Omega
Max Omega wrote:
Im just really interested how you handle the reconstruction of overlays, underlays and icons on login

It's all there:

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1187381#comment4165925

Look again. Any time a piece of equipment that was once equipped is loaded from a savefile, it runs the equip() proc. This causes it to run the equipped() proc.

The trick is, to add the overlays inside of equipped().

That way, you aren't saving overlays, just saving things that create overlays in the first place.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Ter13 wrote:
Some concepts are just too difficult for this community to master right now and are just going to result in confusion at best.

That doesn't mean it isn't worth the shot of enlightening the few that will learn from it :c

A lot of us who read over and learn from your posts, aren't quite so vocal as the ones who say 'Yeah, I read it. So how do I do it?'

For the guys in this thread asking for more info, Snippet sunday #1 has gone live. Please do me a favor and be vocal. ;P
Vocalized.
Page: 1 2