ID:1190226

A Ni No Kuni look alike 2D Byond game? For those that don't know NNK is a PS3 game that resembles Dragon Quest, and has some Pokemonesk attributes.

Heres a gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ncVt2XFA-U

Throughtout the game you use magic and control monsters to fight for you, and level with you. Obviously the actual RPG has a scope, a storyline, and small alternative achievements - the usual RPG content that every game incorporates nowadays - but no Online to pvp against others.

Battle System is something like FF11-12 (Where you go into a screen where only you and the mob are standing, and take turns into fighting, but it's more action like as you control movement slightly, and can time your attacks and defensive options).

Express your opinion, I'm very interested in making something like this in the future.
Just make something, sheesh. It doesn't matter what it is.
I think something similar without NNK's art style and storytelling as they make me want to shoot myself. I like the idea DragonQuest/Pokemon like game with capturing monsters and creating a team and I love the idea of a FF11 style battle system. By no Online you mean the game would be single player yeah?
I agree with the "just make something" sentiment, however I always prefer to see somewhat original content. At least think up your own names for the creatures, and avoid modeling them directly from specific pokemon or NNK creatures. Obviously you will end up with similarities, but it would be described as "a game similar to NNK" as opposed to "an NNK fangame."

Just my opinion of course, and I feel like I'm in the minority because there are tons of fangames and fangame players.
Ofc I'd make my own creatures and skills, I'm not the fan game type anymore at all. And I didn't mean no online, I was describing the ps3 edition, which had no online.

and I kinda like the storytelling of NNK, without all the heartsy friendship and love stuff though...

haha...go for it then :D
I got NNK a few weeks ago, didn't really like it at first. Seemed too childish but it got better. Almost done with it. I noticed this post is kinda old but fck it.
I don't know if you realize but.. Dragon Quest + Pokemon = Dragon Quest Monster Joker