ID:119267

Resolved
Client verbs set for view() and range() failed when usr.loc was set to src (i.e., the player was inside a vehicle).
BYOND Version:491
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 14.0.835.186
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I've made a demo here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9lfvrhi1twbh16a. It is essential to understanding this.

What happens is, if you have a space ship obj, and you make a verb to get in and out of that space ship in view(1). If your not in the ship it sets your client.eye to the ship and puts your mob in the ship's contents. If you are in the ship it puts your mob's loc at the ship's loc and sets client.eye to your mob again. While in the ship you can maneuver it.

Thats how it DID work in all versions before 490. But in 490, once you get in the ship, the 'Use' verb disappears and your stuck there.

Just look at the demo it explains it far better than I ever could.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Run the demo in 490+ first. And you'll see that once you get in the ship you can not get out.

Then, run it in 489, you will see that you can get out.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Look at the demo for code.

Expected Results:
You can get out of the ship.

Actual Results:
You can't.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Any time a person running dreamseeker 490 attempts to get out of the ship, even if the game is compiled in 489 or 490+
In other games? Yes.
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes many people are complaining that they can not use the ships in my game and all of them are using 490+, the game itself is compiled in 489 but even compiled in 490+ they still cant get out.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When you play the game using 489.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

None that are worth investigating.