Azusa RP Online

by Inutaishos
Azusa RP Online
New Game Mode: Battle Arena, and Free to play steam period!
ID:1197285

Keywords: azusarporiginal
Well! The first RP test of Azusa is starting; Since Azusa RPs works as each wipe = a time skip of 300 years, its not sure if the RP test will get into the true story, it will depend on how well it goes...
Also this gives us better chance to find bugs that we couldn`t find in closed tests.

Azusa is being hosted in my computer, so if it lags be a little patient untill we find a new hoster, once you get in don`t forget to read the guide to understand a little more about the Azusa RP, if you like the game help us to advertise, probably starting some events as soon as we get enough players!

Feel free to post your comments and suggestions and see you there o/
I played a few mins ago and thought I'd give my thoughts on it here.

Cool game. I like the atmosphere thus far. I'm going to offer up some constructive criticisms and improvements here.

Things I noticed(good and bad):

Kinda Hard to tell when you are striking something like trees or rocks. Some type of sound or alert is needed so that players know they can strike/attack these objects. (for instance when you aren't online and someone wants to play in the wee hours of the morning)

I've never really played a game where you have no forms of self protection. I would really recommend allowing player's to craft simple weapons or use tools as weapons(not for pvp) but more for protection and realism. I got killed by a cow 3 times in a row before I could rest up or run away. I don't know what plans you have for weapons or armor though so I can't say one way or the other if that messes up your gameflow. But making people do things like cut up a cow with their fists is a bit unrealistic while they can magically build houses the same way. Even if the tools aren't something the player can use in a fight, perhaps they could be required before you take actions like farming needs tools.

Improved alternation between the wood crafting things you are awarded. 6 Wood tiles in a row is a bit much. Perhaps a wood tile followed by a chair, followed by a wood tile, followed by a bed, etc.

The rate at which you learn cooking skill seems way heavier than the rate at which you learn other skills. I had to read the cooking book 5 times before I got even one skill point in cooking. Likewise the progression of stone seems much more quick than the progression of wood. It could be due to my perks, but I got 2 levels of stone in one reading, while it took me nearly 8-9 reads to get to level 7 stone and 5 reads to get level 1 cooking.

Likewise the progression of the way you gain items is a bit skewed. If you start with nothing you would learn the things you need first to make your life more convinient. Crafting a simple rake or hoe or spear (for fishing) would be first on a human's agenda, not 6 different types of carpet turf (those would be luxuries). Basically survival tools would come first while luxury items would be an afterthought so I think for the first few levels of wood working or stone work, not only would it keep people playing to get those survival items first, it would make more sense. Even if you don't wish to grant attack boosts or anything for a player having an axe, using one's hand to chop down a tree is pretty unrealistic. Perhaps the function of an axe would allow you to chop down a tree while doing it by hand will only give you 1-2 pieces per grab.

A campfire for cooking. Very common and basic.
Not needing more than one ingredient to cook things all the time, the one thing I did try to cook was meat, and it said I needed more than one vegetable (also a bit unrealistic).

when you get ko'ed it might be better to re-start the player with 25% or 50% health so they don't get insta ko'ed again by animals, also shortening the KO time a bit.

Fishing pole to catch fish for country bumpkin players or hermits.
Pickaxe.

Small game like rabbits that can be hunted or caught in traps.
Trap building to catch small creatures like frogs and fish in streams.

Suggestions for combat- lockon targetting.
I realize that combat is an after thought for games like this- and if you don't want the game to turn into a pvp fest or combat freak zone you may want to consider the way combat is handled altogehter to make it less "button mashing" and more based on how the character builds their stats. For instance adding hits and misses regardless of player action might deter people from treating the game like a DBZ type game.
Likewise if that's the direction you want to take the game into (a bad idea for RP in my experience) you may want to add some of the following skills as basics.

Defend skill.
Stun
Knockback

Training Improvements:
Focused exercises to focus on which aspects of their stats they want to
improve.
Such as situps- boost str and health, sparring, boost stamina and speed, etc.
Equipment that furthers the stat boosting. Since you will be having wipes players can't really spend days building their character and enjoying the RP as well. It depends on how frequent your wipes will be though.

Gameplay Improvements:
Building system is cool, I've seen one just like it in DBZ phoenix though. As an improvement to it, it might be easier to allow the player to click on an area and place a turf there. Also it would be possible to set up a sort of mass building system, say give the player 3x3 size, and 6x6 size locations to place the same turf within that area. The reason i suggest point to click placement of tiles is that pixel movement makes it rather hard to accurately place tiles, i often ended up placing tiles twice on the same spot and spending resources. Or placing them in other places I didn't want to because I couldn't properly judge it, it's not that I would get used to it. . i play pixel movement games often, it's due to the fact that pixel movement allows you to occupy more than one location at a time, thus you can't really tell which location it will pop up on, since you aren't moving based on tile movement.

Sounds:
Music is good. would bring a nice atmosphere.

I'm also willing anad able to donate a bit of code (no need for me to see any source of any type) on how i would implement any of the ideas I've mentioned above, since I note that you are a solo developer and may not have the time and resources to do everything yourself. I can't join the project or anything of that nature, but I can offer some help/code,and possibly sound effects and music/ etc.

Overall the gameplay experience was really good. I didn't check out the RP aspect of it just yet so I don't know how that's handled but it seems pretty cool and I'd like to see more from your game in the future. Good luck.
Oh yay thought this game was dead use to follow it
I like most of your ideas, thanks for the advices!
Oh could you give me some sound effects?