ID:1197861

Resolved
BYOND Version:498
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 19.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

With ads enabled, and "Replay"ing the last game I played, a popup appears titled "BYOND: Your Game Is Starting". text reads: "BYOND Your game will begin shortly. Connecting..." After a moment, this disappears and is replaced by a black screen with only a "Hide Ads" button in the top left corner. For as long as I've waited at this point, the game never loads. When I click "Hide Ads", I receive a thank you for being a BYOND member and can click "Continue" or simply wait for the game to load.

After re-enabling ads, ads load in the Pager as before, but no ads are displayed in the "BYOND: Your Game Is Starting" window. The black screen and the Hide Ads button never appear. The game begins promptly after I am thanked for being a member.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
reproduced twice from the beginning
In other games?
only tested on one game
In other user accounts?
untested
On other computers?
no
What version of IE do you have installed on your system? That is what BYOND uses to run the ads.

Also, is there a particular time today that would be good to schedule a debug session? The fact that the ads aren't loading is concerning, but the fact that the game isn't coming up is much more concerning, since it is supposed to regardless of the ads.
How long after the first incident did you wait before re-enabling ads, and trying to connect?

There's like, 1 ad every 5 minutes. So, you should probably wait a bit before trying to connect with ads on.
Well, I think his problem is deeper than that because he's not even getting the game to come up. That should happen within 30s (I think) regardless of whether an ad shows or not.
Sorry for the delay; the pager didn't notify me that anyone had replied. Maybe I left it logged in on another machine.

IE 8.0.6001.18702

I tried to connect within a few minutes of getting through the first time. Trying it now, I'm again stuck on the black screen.

I will be leaving soon, but I can be back around 10:30p EST for an hour or so. Or I can do some testing on it tomorrow. My home PC doesn't have this problem.
10:30 sounds good.. just pop on AIM if you are free.
Will do. Also, I got a notification that time.
I, on the other hand, have received no notifications at all for replies. Probably gonna go report that.
Tom resolved issue