ID:120163

Yes, they will be added. They'll be craftable/brewable (?) in-game items, as well as being purchased by "dealers" in-game, and being found around the map (inside houses, under my car seat, etc.)

There will be bonuses, and drawbacks, of course.
Reason I wanna add them is because I wanna try different in-game effects like wobbly/flashing screens, distortion, etc. Maybe cause a seizure or two.

What do you think?
w00t! Doobit! >_>'
Sounds like an awesome idea, I like how its a Zombie infection yet its also a Life-Style type of game. Can't wait for it.
GOOD JOB!
Drugs aren't going to disappear, and from playing Dead Island, it only made me realize MORE people are just going to abuse them to get over it.
fuck yes. best idea ever.
Terrible idea, quit this project and let me steal your game name.
UPD4T3 wrote:
Drugs aren't going to disappear, and from playing Dead Island, it only made me realize MORE people are just going to abuse them to get over it.

That game is so much like Borederlands it's scary. And it's also an incredibly infuriating game. Mostly because all my weapons are badass. But I don't have any firearms or ammunition... What the hell is a gun expert supposed to do if there's no friggin' guns!? My special ability is "draw your personal side-arm" which, if you have no ammunition, is a complete waste of time... (Unhappy Face)

Not to mention all my close combat weapons are pretty badass. So I can cut through those things with unimaginably small amounts of effort. My friend and I are cutting through that game at a tremendously quick pace. We've put about, four, maybe five hours of play into it over three sessions (including breaks etc) and have cleared 20% of the game I think now. I expect to be around 50% by the end of the next session.

--

Also, on the drug thing, it only matters if it pisses off your target audience. Everyone else is just a killjoy. Screw 'em. Put up an appropriate warning and tell the complainers where to go, how to get there, and what manor of object they'll be uncomfortably fastened to during the trip.

Just don't do something stupid and promote their usage as positive...
I would love to play Dead Island online, the game is meant for multiplayer, but for some reason they didn't feel the need to add offline co-op. As for drugs, there will be warnings and such. I'm gonna gather as much information about them as possible, and not make it so you have to do them to be stronger or whatever.
UPD4T3 wrote:
I would love to play Dead Island online, the game is meant for multiplayer, but for some reason they didn't feel the need to add offline co-op.

My friend and I were playing via LAN.
Sorry this comment is soo late, just got a completely new computer so everything was wiped basicly. Anyways i've always wanted to implement drug use into a BYOND game. I always thought it would be one of the best ideas to have a type of real-life city RPG game, ssoorttaa like a modernized SS13.