Zeta was the source stolen and turned into the thousands of DBZ rips now on BYOND.
Regardless of what I knew, people joined, cried I'm a ripper and left. Again, regardless if I do it now, if asked I'll admit I used to rip, unintentionally.

Infact I still have friends who are rippers. I don't disregard their actual skill at programming and developing, and I try hard to get them to develop something original, but that doesn't make them terrible people.

The point was that I was getting at was you complaining at me not to generalize, via generalizing something else.
Then we should all stop generalizing, it is what splits the world as we have just seen lol.
El Wookie wrote:
Zeta was the source stolen and turned into the thousands of DBZ rips now on BYOND.
Regardless of what I knew, people joined, cried I'm a ripper and left. Again, regardless if I do it now, if asked I'll admit I used to rip, unintentionally.

Infact I still have friends who are rippers. I don't disregard their actual skill at programming and developing, and I try hard to get them to develop something original, but that doesn't make them terrible people.

So do I, I'm sure you know some people I know. We.....need to have a talk later >_>

GreatFisher wrote:
Then we should all stop generalizing, it is what splits the world as we have just seen lol.

Then say this. People who take other peoples sources without the owners consent is a ripper. The people who create games out of them, are extremely bad developers.
Everyone, generally speaking, is middle class, white, and has a career.
I'm black. Just throwing that out there.
Enzuigiri wrote:
I'm black. Just throwing that out there.

Lies.
i sl u narto evo sorc for $1
Enzuigiri wrote:
El Wookie wrote:

So do I, I'm sure you know some people I know. We.....need to have a talk later >_>

GreatFisher wrote:

Then say this. People who take other peoples sources without the owners consent is a ripper. The people who create games out of them, are extremely bad developers.

Indeed.
How dare you call them BYONDites you FLAW!! Go kill yourself with your Acid Rain.
If anything these ripped sources should be cataloged, and used in a sniffer form, to see any familiar code within these alleged rips that have "original" coding as well.
Enzuigiri wrote:
And I disagree with the whole checking the source. Even if its a controlled environmental. I don't trust anyone on this site, not staff,not ganing, not Tom, not Lummox, not even Empirezteam, NONE. You could just as easily have them download team viewer or something to show the source. I'd rather not hand you my game.

I don't need you to trust me. If I want your source, I'll simply backdoor myself into your computer and take it. Like a boss.

BTW, I'm behind about 7 proxies so good luck reporting me to the police.
ET you didn't think it through did you? I backtraced you bro.
El Wookie wrote:
ET you didn't think it through did you? I backtraced you bro.

This.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
This.

I personally prefer this
It's still funny how stuff like this only happens to low quality fan-games. I have yet to see someone sell the source to NEStalgia or Hazordhu. I wonder why...
EmpirezTeam wrote:
It's still funny how stuff like this only happens to low quality fan-games. I have yet to see someone sell the source to NEStalgia or Hazordhu. I wonder why...

As I said previously, the problem is less regarding newer titles, more about removing the stupid old rips that are somehow not only surviving, but thriving.
Holy sh- I got to sleep and wake up to see 30 more replies @_@

Kk I'm caught up to speed. It doesn't matter what games it's happening to. The problem is that it's happening and it reduces the already diminished quality of BYOND.
Enzuigiri wrote:
Holy sh- I got to sleep and wake up to see 30 more replies @_@

Just be happy Silk didn't post or it'd be half a thousand comments.
I'd be almost proud to have my pager dinging every half a second. I might even feel important.
I would've welcomed that with open arms. I enjoy seeing Silk rage but trying to put himself at the top.
Page: 1 2 3