In response to Multiverse7
Multiverse7 wrote:
I won't be developing a demo for this idea for a while. I just wanted to get some feedback on what other people think of the concept, well before I go making some complex library using concepts that have never been brought together before, at least in BYOND.

From the responses I'm getting, I see now that this is radically different from how pretty much anyone handles things in BYOND. The most similar idea to this one is probably Forum_account's Dynamic Lighting. Of course the techniques used there were a bit more obvious in that case. The perceived lack of understanding in how this concept works actually encourages me to demonstrate this radical new idea.

Anyway, I always try to keep my cool in a heated debate. I think of this more as a learning experience than defending an argument. All BYOND developers should act as both teachers and students. Sometimes though, someone will see a discussion differently, and think it's all just trolling, when in reality there is constructive criticism going on.

I appreciate constructive feedback. It helps me learn how to improve on certain things, that I otherwise wouldn't see.

Listen. You CLEARLY don't understand how networking works in BYOND well enough to figure out why this idea is not going to produce results.

We've all warned you that this approach will not only be less efficient, but it will be a MASSIVE waste of your time.

Make a demo and prove me wrong.
I'd like to see you try this, it will be interesting.
This is relevant to my interests. I'm also looking forward to this.
Page: 1 2 3