ID:120472

Resolved
Worlds running in Dream Seeker without being hosted were not recognized as the "master" of a server started via the startup() proc, and therefore did not close in response to shutdown() properly.
BYOND Version:493
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 14.0.835.202
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Supporting Topics:
http://www.byond.com/developer/forum?id=597782
http://www.byond.com/developer/forum?id=794326

Descriptive Problem Summary:
The shutdown(Addr,Natural=0) function does nothing. I would like for this to be fixed so I can create something similar to Dantom.Host.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/verb/test()
var/Addr = startup(file("./Sectors/Sectors.dmb"), 4444, "-once")
shutdown(Addr,1)

Expected Results:
Dream Daemon should close when every client has left. It stops hosting it but it continues to run.

Actual Results:
Dream Daemon continues to run even after it has stopped hosting.
This is a known issue, though I believe the tracker issue for it got inappropriately deleted some time ago.

My understanding behind the problem is that the slave world doesn't get its master's proper address, and so never responds to the shutdown, though I may be confusing that with another issue. I'll look into it again at some point.
world.Export("byond://[IP]:[Port]?Del") works. I'm not sure if the specific complaint is that the natural setting doesn't work, or that servers just can't be closed at all... A Del topic supposedly just kills the world, but it seems to properly run everything in Logout & world/Del, so I dunno.
Falacy wrote:
world.Export("byond://[IP]:[Port]?Del") works. I'm not sure if the specific complaint is that the natural setting doesn't work, or that servers just can't be closed at all... A Del topic supposedly just kills the world, but it seems to properly run everything in Logout & world/Del, so I dunno.

It kept the previous DD open and did nothing.
You're hosting on a Windows OS?
Yeah, Windows Vista.
Try sending it the -close parameter in startup()
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Worlds running in Dream Seeker without being hosted were not recognized as the "master" of a server started via the startup() proc, and therefore did not close in response to shutdown() properly.