ID:120939

Keywords: idea, inspiration, novel
Guten tag! For those of you whom are unaware,--

(Which is all of you unless you're a stalker of mine, in which case I'll have to ask you to stop leaving those nasty (yet quite tasteful) Death Threat/Love Notes on my doorstep, seriously, it's getting slightly creepy now...)

--I love to write. I've been attempting to pull together my thoughts enough to write a novel, however I am drawing a blank when it comes to the genre and topic of such a story. My original concept was a "Space Marine" genre novel, similar to the Warhammer 40,000 books. If you've read the series, you'll understand what I mean. I was just wondering if you guys had any idea's on a book I could write. It could be anything, I don't care. Anything from Space Fantasy to Vampires, as long as it's Fictional, 'tis my favorite style of writing.

I would appreciate as many comments as humanly (Or inhumanly if you don't fall into the former category) possible. I love to write, and I would love to write what you love. Please try to make it as open ended as possible, as I wish to make a series of sorts, but as I said, It's your preference.
Try for a Trilogy filled with intense action and many sexual references to the outside world.

Or just write a fan-made narrative on something like Dead Space.
That's a nice concept, But I would like to see a few more ideas outside of the scope of Warhammer. Any other genre's of books you guys enjoy? I know two of my favorite Fiction books of all time (Except Harry Potter, My true #1, but that's a very hard genre to copy.) are Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series and the Artemis Fowl series. I've you've not read them, then you're missing two very excellent books.
Not sure about the trilogy and intense action parts, but the sexual references is definitely a must.
Welp. My younger sibling introduced me to the 'Maze Runner Trilogy' and 'Eragon Inheritance Cycle'. Those were very interesting. I plan on reading the last books of each series when I get the chance.
Read the books from the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The first season of that HBO show is loosely based on the first book. It's very interesting; mostly an alternate reality medieval fiction book with a captivating storyline and characters that are believable. Also, no character is truly safe from death and many of the series' favorites die off. There's a bit of supernatural elements in it, but it takes place in an age where man no longer believes in the supernatural and are instead much more scientific (people find it hard to believe that there are dragons, and zombies, and stuff still around and instead believe in what the Maesters say which are the equivalent of modern day scientists/doctors/everything intellectual.)

Oh yeah, but if you're under 18 don't read it...uhhhhh yeah. I don't think they could legally sell it to you if you were under 18 anyways. Lots of sex, rape, and murder/gore. It's almost like you're back in the real middle ages! This guy put a lot of research into it to make it as realistic as possible with that hint of believable fantasy still involved.
Sounds like a Thriller, but as I said, I'm looking for a topic that can be transformed into some long running series, at least 3 books. I would also prefer if you guys didn't say, "Read [Insert Title Here]! It's a really good book that I think you'll like" I'm not asking what book to read, but what to write. Which is why I want your idea's on a very appealing topic.