ID:121146

There hasn't been that much done as yet for Chromium, but the basics are there. We will be working on it on the side and updating it frequently, so it's good to get it out there and have people mess around and check it out when it's updated. Here is the link to the hub: http://www.byond.com/games/ChrisGayle/Chromium

It is a side scrolling platformer that pits you against waves of enemies whom you must defeat in order to progress (in the current version there is no limit and the waves are endless, so there isn't that much to do than kill a few moments.), when we're decided on the story i'll make a post to let you guys know.

Movement: Arrow keys.
Combat: Q & W

and as always, we are open to your suggestions :]
My instance of the game started to lag considerably and also made it impossible for me to traverse a standard jump size due to the excess gravity.
I believe I started to jump the instant I fell from off the side of an edge.
Oasiscircle wrote:
My instance of the game started to lag considerably and also made it impossible for me to traverse a standard jump size due to the excess gravity.
I believe I started to jump the instant I fell from off the side of an edge.

Didn't lag for me really. I had no problems with jumping...maybe you ran out of fuel?
It looks really good and feels pretty smooth. Can't wait to see where you go with it!
@ExPixel: Does running out of fuel also make the whole instance lag?
Because mine started to lag very very noticeably.
Oasiscircle wrote:
@ExPixel: Does running out of fuel also make the whole instance lag?
Because mine started to lag very very noticeably.

Must be something wrong on your end? Because so far I doubt Andrew was lagging and I wasn't either.
@ExPixel: That's just it, I don't think it was me running out of fuel.
I think I somehow put myself in a situation where I had gravity being applied many times to the point of lagging.
That is not possible, the only possible cause of lag is if you stand infront of the waves of NPC and allow a lot of them to pile up, over time you will start to experience lag. There is one movement procedure that checks your commands, fuel, etc and applies the action. It is called on login and loops.
Who's doing the artwork? I'd kill for an artist like that.
SuperAntx wrote:
Who's doing the artwork? I'd kill for an artist like that.

lol, Zane444 he's the person I do all my projects with. Chromium is his original idea actually.
@oasis
Do you have the game in full screen mode? because it seems that it slows down the game considerably;to the point where its unplayable, at least for me.
@Zane444: I believe I had the game in windowed mode.
Strange, Im on a pretty low end PoS and i dont seem to have any problems with lag
Same here, my computer is about seven years old and it ran the game just fine.

Also, Zane444 we should totally make a game. :D
@SuperAntx, Zane444: I ran the game perfectly fine until a point where the game just started to lag horrendously.
I don't know the cause, because it appeared to start lagging at a random point in time.
@SuperAntx, If you're serious tell me what you had in mind lol.

@Oasis, Ill run a few scenarios until I find out the problem, hopefully whatever the problem is we'll try to have it resolved rather quickly.
I'd page you the details but you don't seem to be logged in.
Makes me want to do a sidescroller!