ID:121151

Hello there BYOND, its been like 2 weeks or something before I made post.
My first initial idea was to get the DM Book so I wouldn't have to keep flipping to the online version of the DM Guide, and then keep switching. Opposed to just having the book right next to me. But I had some people tell me it wasn't worth it and its a bit outdated, I don't necessarily disagree but I don't agree either.
Anyway lets get straight to the topic, I'm here to request someone to teach me the basics of programming, I will try to get some compensation(money wise) but as of now I have no money. A program I would like to use would be Team Viewer (Unless someone has a different method of teaching me)
My purpose of getting a tutor to teach me is so I don't have to rely on someone else to do programming for me and I could just do it myself, and also being able to do most of the art as well. My other plan is also to make some short mini games and then hopefully making an original non-rip game (Not an anime game) since my anime days are over, and I learned my lesson.

Side note: If anyone wants to point out some of the pros and cons of the DM Book please comment and tell me would you think its worth 10 dollars. Tom offered saying he would give me 2 DM books for 10 dollars (making the dm book 5 dollars?) I was gonna give the other book to my cousin who possibly also wants to learn programming a bit. Also let me finish this off by saying I know the DM Book is a bit outdated.
I can teach you the basics of programming and DM

-Spectra112
The book is not really outdated. Some stuff still remain the same; loops, if-else statement, proper use of usr/src, operators, functions(procs), e.t.c. The only features you will have to get updated with is interface commands, and new features that have been introduced since 4.0 and recent.

Edit: All of the new features are in the DM Reference which you can use to guide you.
You don't need a tutor/mentor, 'quitter'. You just need the motivation to brave the online guide and teach yourself.
lol that's true too.
Masterdarwin88 wrote:
You don't need a tutor/mentor, 'quitter'. You just need the motivation to brave the online guide and teach yourself.

And you don't need to mention 'quitter'. Anyway I find it more helpful if I find someone else to tutor me.
Darker Legends wrote:
http://www.byond.com/members/ Atriosv3?command=view_post&post=120382

Its irrelevant to the topic, I don't see what you are trying to prove, so please submit something relevant to the topic. Thank You.
Please learn to use capital letters properly. Thank you.
Darker Legends wrote:
Please learn to use capital letters properly. Thank you.

Alright, you done yet? You're just making yourself look more stupid and stupid each post you make.You're trying to seem a bit more advanced than others, but really you're not.
Then why are you the one making mistakes?
Darker Legends wrote:
Then why are you the one making mistakes?

You're still posting bro? Just leave now, I don't want to have a stupid argument over something so foolish. So I'm done here.
I would help you, but I'm still wrapping my head around the concept of a 'proc()'. In the end, you should try to learn on your own and present any and all problems/questions you have to the dev forums.
[email protected]

Depending on how much you already know and how much time you expect me to dedicate to teaching you, I can help you out. In the mean time I suggest reading from the cornucopia of developer articles, the DM guide, and f_a's programming tips.
If you are still around I'm interested in tutoring, free. I don't know everything, but I can definitely help you become better.