Nadrew wrote:
I may as well just put more work into the DM IDE that I've been writing that runs within a browser window.

What is it made with?
ExPixel wrote:
Nadrew wrote:
I may as well just put more work into the DM IDE that I've been writing that runs within a browser window.

What is it made with?

I think Java. Rite nadrew? amirite?
Enzuigiri wrote:
ExPixel wrote:
Nadrew wrote:

What is it made with?

I think Java. Rite nadrew? amirite?

I almost used Java for DMIDE...ALMOST. But the ugly look of the scintilla control for java was just...bad.
It's a combination of PHP, Javascript, and Java. Java would be used for the icon editor portion, PHP would be used for the majority of the interface.

It's more of an online project manager that happens to let you compile your code and download the resulting files. (even in zip format if you want)
Nadrew wrote:
It's a combination of PHP, Javascript, and Java. Java would be used for the icon editor portion, PHP would be used for the majority of the interface.

It's more of an online project manager that happens to let you compile your code and download the resulting files. (even in zip format if you want)

Sounds cool. Right now I'm experiencing problems with Gtk# not recognizing my .NET version :S
And with the request for going cross platform I'll be starting the project over in MonoDevelopment and see where it goes from there. It should be cross platform, I'll test it on multiple platforms to make sure as I go along.
You should just reprogram it in a natively portable language. People having to download Mono to run the Windows version (since it'll be using Mono and not .NET) is a bit annoying. But I suppose so is having Linux users download it.

I recommend Java or Python if you want something that'll work on Linux, Windows, and Mac with little code changes.
Nadrew wrote:
You should just reprogram it in a natively portable language. People having to download Mono to run the Windows version (since it'll be using Mono and not .NET) is a bit annoying. But I suppose so is having Linux users download it.

I recommend Java or Python if you want something that'll work on Linux, Windows, and Mac with little code changes.

I started with Java so you may be right. I just didn't like the Scintilla control but there was one other control that I neglected to try. I'll look into it :).
Using the JEditorPane control for Swing (the general generic GUI library Java uses) would allow for basic HTML formatting of the text, but I can see it getting really complicated to handle as people are typing something out. When I was writing an ExCode IDE (for console) I used an EditorPane with a custom input handler, but it was a bit sluggish (I didn't really know Java at all when I attempted it)
Any chance of custom colors?
Darker Legends wrote:
Any chance of custom colors?

There are definitely going to be custom colors for the code editor. But if you're talking about the IDE window, there might be custom colors since I think the Nimbus theme allows them.
I was referring to the code editor, yes. Great to hear.
Hurry up and finish this ASAP, I can't wait to use it!
Page: 1 2 3 4