Naruto: New Evolution

by Idoshen
Naruto: New Evolution
Naruto Evolution is back!
ID:1215871

Okay,I have took the liberty of replacing the dropbox with a backup version of the source that was provided by Squigs. We are now ready to restart the merging process. However I would like to list 2 guidelines to follow when we change code. This is to help avoid problems like we are having now.

Guideline #1

When adding new code to the game please test when finished before starting something new. This is to avoid bigger problems in the public release. This will also narrow down having to search for bugs we caused by adding the code.

Guideline #2

If modifying existing code please test every change made before continuing. I know this is a pain,but compared to the amount of things we have to change after starting from a backup this is minimal.

If these 2 simple guidelines are followed we should not have to worry about so many bugs and complaints with updates.

Now on to the next topic I would like to discuss. I believe all updates should be thoroughly tested before release. So we need some dedicated beta testers. This is to find those pesky bugs that are not noticed through the normal single player environment.

Now I have couple more thing to put out on the table. We will be moving to the listed hub from here as I understand it,so we need to get in contact with Destroir and have him edit crazah's hub and put a list of the new staff and and development team. In all actuality I would like to have a new hub made by Destroir or whoever as long as it is a current staff member.

Okay,last thing to talk about. We need to set a date for our merge release. It will need to be announced and both hubs so everyone knows what to expect. If any of the staff have any comments or concerns please reply and we will discuss a alternate plan that both parties agree to.
When looking for bugs:
Make sure the jutsu isn't too op or down graded
Make sure it does a good enough dmg at 100 nin/tai/gen since that's an average stat
Make sure it is works when put into a hotslot
Make sure it doesn't give away chakra when pressed on cool down

Another thing you could do, is make a standard text.doc in the dropbox. Then just write everything you've done in there, and what date it was done. That could also be very helpful and make it alot more organized.
Well that's what we used Events for. So we know and the players know the updates.
why im banned in naruto:evolution?