ID:121707

Time for another post to let people know what I am up to, even though majority of the current BYOND community doesn't even know who I am.

Couple months ago I lost a lot of work on Feval 2.0 and some work on Teridal. After that, I started working in Java/Flash. I got a Feval port to the point of being a fully playable online game (without all the extras of the DM Feval), but, working on it just isn't as satisfying for some reason.

Online RPGs seem to be what I really enjoy working on. Instead of starting over in Java/Flash and scrapping 8 years of work, I decided to start working on Teridal again. I got most of everything I lost added back in and started redoing things in the game to make it both perform better and work with BYOND's Flash client. It's not a guarantee I will be using the Flash client for Teridal (depends on how they handle things), but at least the performance improvements will be nice.

Once I am finished with said changes, I will be doing a lot of content updates and just general updates.

So that's what I've been up to the last few days (BYOND related). Hopefully I'll be able to post more about a fairly large up and coming Teridal update soon.
Happy to hear from you.
Teridal is what, eight years old now?

Have you considered starting fresh on a new project?
SuperAntx wrote:
Teridal is what, eight years old now?

Yes.

Have you considered starting fresh on a new project?

A million times. Haha. Even did quite a few times but ended up scrapping it and merging things with Teridal.
Are RPG's in general what you're interested in or just the MMO variety?
SuperAntx wrote:
Are RPG's in general what you're interested in or just the MMO variety?

Well I love old school RPGs in general. SNES RPGs to be exact. But I enjoy working on online RPGs the most. I haven't really worked on a single player RPG though, so, I couldn't know for sure.
You know Teridal is complex enough for you to make that MOBA style game you mentioned a while back right? Just take the class, spells, and monsters from that game and DotA-lize ( I just made that word up ) it. Just a suggestion if you wanted something fresh and still RPG-ish to work on.
I'd prefer to see Feval updates to be honest, but can't force you (or can I?) to work on Feval for my benefit. Hope you get motivation to work on Feval again in the future though.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
You know Teridal is complex enough for you to make that MOBA style game you mentioned a while back right? Just take the class, spells, and monsters from that game and DotA-lize ( I just made that word up ) it. Just a suggestion if you wanted something fresh and still RPG-ish to work on.

I actually have some plans to add DotA and "tower defense" like games/events into Teridal itself.
Aaiko wrote:
I actually have some plans to add DotA and "tower defense" like games/events into Teridal itself.

Haha, you really weren't kidding about merging everything with Teridal.
SuperAntx wrote:
Haha, you really weren't kidding about merging everything with Teridal.

Nah, I wasn't. Haha. I was working on an actual tower defense game that had some fancy interface stuff and I ended up scrapping it and using the interfaces for Teridal. I just can't get away from the project.

You should make Teridal on a flash client( If that's not what you be doin'), BYOND is hopeless. That game is epic, and deserves much more than a retarded community.
Keep it up! I've been away because my laptop and my router have decided to be sworn enemies, so I don't have access to BYOND until I get a new PC.