ID:121780

In order to make a contribution to BYOND's catalog of games a little bit faster than I would with RetroQuest (and to get a little bit of developer cred, since it's been years since any of my games were hosted/playable and most of the crowd that was around when I was most active seems to have left), I've decided to remake one of my puzzle games from back in the day.

The original Bacchanal was a one person clone of an alchemy-themed tile game I used to play on Yahoo! Games. The new version keeps the same mechanics as a base, though it has two player head-to-head and some added gameplay elements.

The goal of the game is to convert as much of the board to fire or ice as you can. The original game had tiles converted by filling in a row. That still works, but Bacchanal: Fire and Ice has other ways to grab tiles.

Ride the snake!

The gameplay is basically finished, though I'm going to make some tweaks to it to speed things up towards the ends of the game. The interface is in a much more primitive state, though... that's not really my forte. I'm going to have to spend some time mulling over how to handle things like starting and joining games.

My plans are to let my ideas about how to do the interface and speeding up the gameplay percolate
for a few days. The game should be available for download next weekend, though it may be glitchy at that point.
Looks cool. I'll definitely check it out.