ID:1221402

I'm sure you've heard of the open source console that is called the Ouya. Well I think that Byond would get a bigger player base, funding, and popularity if I made an app/port for it on for it on the Ouya. We can talk about if if you would like. I have been playing Byond for many years, and I absolutely love the experience, I'm sure others will too. The great thing is that we can actually do this guys and gals, and we can be the first to bring Byond to something besides a computer. Imagine it now, people sitting in their living rooms playing on the big screen. I know that one day since people have been asking for a mobile version that this would be the start(Since it runs on Android OS). I also know that one day I will stop being lazy and make a game with Byond xD.

Anyways, what do you think guys and gals?
Would you fund this?
Do you think that it will expand the reach of it?
Do you think it would become more popular?
If I got permission, would anyone work with me on it?
Basically guys I would love to know what you think about this.
Walkman wrote:
Would you fund this?
No.

Do you think that it will expand the reach of it?
Probably.

Do you think it would become more popular?
Probably. There are better alternatives out there, such as Unity and Game Maker. Ouya would improve BYOND's reputation, no doubt, but it won't be 'more popular'.

If I got permission, would anyone work with me on it?
If it's open-source I wouldn't mind contributing since it's written in Java. However, I think you'd still need some accessibility to the engine itself, which clearly isn't open-source.
I appreciate your feedback, but work with me here, ease up. xD
OMFG YEAH.

No.