You've actually made some decent posts. There's a fine line between trolling and pointing out stupid behavior. You have some good posts that point out bad game development habits, but you often get caught up in acting like the troll people expect you to be.

In a way, you're the same as the people you troll. BYOND has a lot of established ideas about what game developers are supposed to do (make base icons and title screens, then form a team to do the rest) so a lot of people act that way - they think that's how they're supposed to act. There's also an established idea of what a troll is supposed to do, and you often stick to that idea.

tl;dr - You are to trolling as this post is to game development.
Forum_account wrote:
In a way, you're the same as the people you troll. BYOND has a lot of established ideas about what game developers are supposed to do (make base icons and title screens, then form a team to do the rest) so a lot of people act that way - they think that's how they're supposed to act. There's also an established idea of what a troll is supposed to do, and you often stick to that idea.

I agree, but the thing is I'm not trying to be a role model. I stopped caring about my reputation shortly after I made my third game. In fact, if you read my posts, I never tell people to "be like me", I tell people to be like Notch, or Kaigne, or Kumorii. I just try to get people to recognize when they're doing stupid things, but I'm not trying to actually set an example myself.

I've also always been silly. I don't think I can help that, it's like in my blood to act retarded from time to time. Like how it's in Falacy's blood to be condescending. I get told to "grow up" a lot but it's not that easy.

tl;dr - You are to trolling as this post is to game development.

Thanks for linking that, I had a pretty good laugh.
CauTi0N wrote:
I do come to your blog for humorous effect occasionally.

Meh, this stuff on my blog pales in comparison to things I wrote in high school. I had one of my substitute teachers in tears laughing at a letter we were supposed send to employers. Instead of being serious, I wrote a bunch of stupid stuff like "I believe my shoe-shining expertise qualifies me for your brain surgeon position." and "My skills include riding a bike with only one hand."

Yep. Good times.
But Empirez, you are the epitome of perfection. :U
Yusuke13 wrote:
It appears you're no longer front page banned. Hmm...

Yeah, I made a surprise visit to the Badger residence. After the ban, I knew me and him needed to... negotiate. And let's just say Stephen saw things my way.

Never cross the Empire.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I agree, but the thing is I'm not trying to be a role model. I stopped caring about my reputation shortly after I made my third game. In fact, if you read my posts, I never tell people to "be like me", I tell people to be like Notch, or Kaigne, or Kumorii. I just try to get people to recognize when they're doing stupid things, but I'm not trying to actually set an example myself.

You don't have to be the role model, but you shouldn't ruin your own credibility even if you're not trying to be a role model.
Forum_account wrote:
You don't have to be the role model, but you shouldn't ruin your own credibility even if you're not trying to be a role model.

Another thing about this community you probably haven't learned: once you do something, there is no forgiveness. Look at Cyberlord or Silk Wizard - every chance people get, they insult these guys. Cyber even apologized, and Silk made one of the most successful BYOND RPGs, yet they still get called out of their name for things they did years ago. My "credibility" or "reputation" will always remain the same on here. There is no such thing as redemption and forgiveness. Just drama. I could make games and libraries and still be called a "useless troll" so I simply don't bother. As I've said before, if I do make games, I'm uploading them elsewhere and probably only showing them to the handful of intelligent people on this site for feedback.
You deserve a portrait!
My stuff was trash, useless bitch. How else am I supposed to win?
That's actually very true. No one ever really forgives around here. Cyber wasn't worth forgiving, so that's understandable... Silk? Nope. Still mocked. Me? Uh, same, I think.

Eh. I don't mind. I have more of a problem with moderation generally than the actual people here, but hopefully the site update will reverse that.
Page: 1 2