These changes and the changes to come seem like a big step forward.
You may now have my babies, Tom, I am seriously digging this site update. Hopefully the last one you'll have to do for a while eh?
This looks a lot better than i expected, :O I'll shed a tear at my Blog CSS being removed though lol.

Will we get any file storage still? as such i hope none of my hosted files are affected?
Can't wait!
Nuuu, higher pricing on members D:. Meh I won't brag, I got like: 1 year, 172 days left. So I won't be extending any time soon either. Heck, I'll prolly have the money in a year! :P. Nice updates though, looks a bit more of a comfortable site to be on :)
A new site for the new year? Deja Vu anyone?

Anyways, Great updates! Can't wait to check them out. Hope you have better luck this year.
One thing I've never figured out is why some people are hesitant to post in certain places. Some people prefer to post questions on the main developer forum (even if they're questions about my libraries), some prefer to post those questions on my blog's forum, some prefer to post them as comments on the library's hub entry.

It sounds like my blog's forum will go away and instead I'll have a "forum" associated with each hub entry. People don't use the current setup effectively, so while this sounds like an improvement I'm not sure how people will like to use it.

Either way, it's good just to have some clue about what's going on =)
Oh god, I'm loving the change from the antiquated forum system. Renewing membership right now~
Memberships being required to create a HUB is good, but raising it's price will totally end up by less people buying one, just saying...
Hub forums sound extremely awesome, but I can just see idiots making a topic on there with the worst grammar and the stupidest question possible and the hub forum for most games will end up looking like shit.

The fan notification things remind me of the Youtube Subscription System, there are those people on YouTube who upload 2,000 videos a day and you end up unsubbing them cause it gets annoying every minute you get a new video in your sub box.

Make it so Guild Games don't get notifications, that will just ruin it completely, I want a few good games in my Guild but I don't wanna see every question being asked for every single game in my Guild. Preferably just make those games that show up in favorites notify you, not the guild games.
I think they all ready thought about that. I don't know how well people are actually reading this. It states:

"We've greatly simplified the site, doing away with the "blog" and "guild" concept in favor of a forum-oriented approach."

and

"but they will also get notifications whenever posts are made in the hub's discussion forum (to a degree-- as we don't want an active hub to dominate the user's listings and force him to unfan it)."
I'm quite content with the Flash client not supporting MP3's as the OGG format has proven itself a worthy alternative. Getting the client to support right-clicking seems a more imperative matter.
Zaltron wrote:
I think they all ready thought about that. I don't know how well people are actually reading this. It states:

"We've greatly simplified the site, doing away with the "blog" and "guild" concept in favor of a forum-oriented approach."

and

"but they will also get notifications whenever posts are made in the hub's discussion forum (to a degree-- as we don't want an active hub to dominate the user's listings and force him to unfan it)."

Yeah I saw all of that, but obviously he isn't getting rid of Guilds completely, he's probably making it less integrated as before but not completely removing it. Seeing as BYOND Anime,Action,RPG,Pixel forums,etc are huge parts of BYOND, he won't completely remove them.
So I have a quick question. I have a membership and I use the current blog system.

Question 1: What will happen to my past blog entries and comments? There is nothing extremely important on there that needs to be saved, but I did work hard on making those few blogs and would like to keep the information and comments.

Question 2: I also use the blog related forum system. This has information on it that I WOULD like to keep comments and suggestions from friends and such that I don't want to lose. Will these things be saved on the new system and still be accessible or should I start copying and pasting everything now?

Other wise, the stuff in the update looks interesting. I can't wait to see it first hand.
SuperAntx wrote:
I'm quite content with the Flash client not supporting MP3's as the OGG format has proven itself a worthy alternative. Getting the client to support right-clicking seems a more imperative matter.

I Agree, audacity has proved to me that ogg is worth the time. Besides that the filesize for ogg files is pretty nice in comparison to the others.
People need to read a little better.

"You may be wondering what will happen with your current site, with all of the customized CSS, blog posts, and forum entries. As noted above, we will migrate blog posts to the appropriate forums."
That doesn't answer my question... Maybe you should learn to read better.

What are the appropriate forums? Will it will be something I have access and control over (IE: Still being able to edit or possibly delete the post if need be)? Do I need to search for these post after change over or will they still be easily accessible through my own site access? What will happen to the forum post on my blog? etc.
This site update looks amazing, can't wait.
I've still got two years left on my membership, might buy a third year just for the sake of being cheap. ;)
This is the best late Christmas present.

Now if only we could just get the cesspool that is the fan game community locked away and fan games removed so we don't have to deal with that mess.
This all sounds like a huge improvement and should hopefully eradicate some of the immaturities you see on the site. While Byond had many devoted users, a lot of outsiders just didn't see the appeal, hopefully this will also change.

The increase in price for memberships really is negligible, so hopefully we won't have too many children whining about that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15