ID:1225329

My first try at it after watching a few tutorials and I want to know where I can improve.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The tree doesn't feel like it's grounded and the foliage looks like an umbrella. Uh, you probably need to find a good tutorial on lighting. Or, maybe pick up some drawing tutorials on the basics of expressing form and texture.
In response to Candle_Jack_9000
Candle_Jack_9000 wrote:
The tree doesn't feel like it's grounded and the foliage looks like an umbrella. Uh, you probably need to find a good tutorial on lighting. Or, maybe pick up some drawing tutorials on the basics of expressing form and texture.

trees all look different dude...

Cluelessboi wrote:
My first try at it after watching a few tutorials and I want to know where I can improve.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I dont know much about pixel art, but for my formal eyes, it looks neat
In response to Scyrus123
Scyrus123 wrote:
Candle_Jack_9000 wrote:

trees all look different dude...
No, freaking frying turd, dude. What I mean by saying it looks like an umbrella is actually a question. The question being, "Is that,umbrella-tree, what you were going for?" Also, if he was actually flowing a tutorial on a tree he'd have a different shape to it you'd think. The good tutorials I've seen go on about making circles for the basic shape of the foliage.

It'd be a better tree if it was lit by a light coming from a direction other directly above it, maybe. Even if he kept the light direction, the foliage would need a gradient (not the tool) of sun/warmly lit leaves to a cool shadow.

Cluelessboi, can you tell me the steps that you did to make the leaves? Like: 1st basic shape, 2nd add dark colors and shape, 3rd add light colors and shape, 4th then the between colors.

I just drew them all out individually as a test, I liked the look so I just finished it.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=926408

Lol, right. I suppose I can take that back. However, I'm sure you intent was to leave in the branches for a more realistic look?
Yeah they were left in on purpose, I wanted it to seem somewhat massive. The idea was inspired by an umbrella tree, but instead of spriting it from an actual picture I tried to do it from memory.
In response to A.T.H.K
Thank you! ^_^
Looks good to me.

Seems somewhat original. Tbh, I never even knew there was a such thing as an Umbrella Tree ;-;
ill try to make my own tree
it's um certainly unique, ....I'll give you that.
mine! XD
Galactic is a well known troll. Ignore him ^^.

Nice tree Scyrus xD.
In response to Kboy33
Kboy33 wrote:

Nice tree Scyrus xD.

He's actually right. They don't have any shading that gives them depth.
Yeah, I haven't started the shading on the leaves at all and nice tree Scyrus! :D
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Kboy33 wrote:

Nice tree Scyrus xD.

I do agree however that it does need some lighter shading on the foliage. But yeah, my point about galatic dosen't wither xD.
In response to Kboy33
Kboy33 wrote:
Ter13 wrote:
Kboy33 wrote:

Nice tree Scyrus xD.

I do agree however that it does need some lighter shading on the foliage. But yeah, my point about galatic dosen't wither xD.

Galactic isn't a troll. He just doesn't coddle people.

In response to Kboy33
Kboy33 wrote:
Ter13 wrote:
Kboy33 wrote:

Nice tree Scyrus xD.

Dat Engrish.
Page: 1 2